rawhide1

bag punches, end punches

I've been hunting some bag and end punches (1/2,5/8,3/4) I would love to get ahold of some Gomph or old osborne but since I can't seem to find any. Does anyone know of a place to get some good quality ones. I really don't want tandy or new osborne are their others out there.

Thanks for any help in this matter

ps also a good source for drive punches

Mike

Edited by rawhide1

I've been hunting some bag and end punches (1/2,5/8,3/4) I would love to get ahold of some Gomph or old osborne but since I can't seem to find any. Does anyone know of a place to get some good quality ones. I really don't want tandy or new osborne are their others out there.

Mike

Mike ,Weavers has them or try Hosreshoe brand made by Watt

Edited by Steve Brewer

http://www.campbell-bosworth.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/1_69 They carry the full Osborne line.

Charlie

Hey fellas

Thanks for the reply's I think I'll pick up a few more soda cans (it may take awhile) an go with the horseshoe brand punches. They sure are purty!

Thanks again, Mike

It's hard to beat Weaver's tools. They come sharp and are worth the extra bucks in my opinion.

Brent

I looked at the Weaver tools and they look like nice tools. But I don't have a tax # so I don't think I can order from them. But thanks for the suggestion.

Mike

Mike,

This guy used to post some of these on eBay. He had oblong punches (sold them as Amish steel - painted blue) as well as other strap end cutters.

Jack Joseph

USA Leather Machinery

3301 Devault Bridge Road

Piney Flats, TN 37606

1-423-571-1364

Jack Joseph email address

Regards,

Ben

Mike,

I have a set of Weaver punches and they work, but are not nearly as nice as the old Gomph punches I've been picking up to replace them with. If you call Bob Douglas he can set you up with old Gomphs or Osbornes. The old Gomphs are pretty pricey!

Douglas Tools

307-737-2222

Sheridan, WY

Hope this helps.....

Bobby

Ben, Bob, and L'Bum

I want to thank you guys for the contact numbers and sites!! I didn't relize there were so many choices out there. I've checked out alot of the differnet suppliers and makers. They all seem to be good tools and around the same price. I'm gonna call Bob Douglas tommorrow and check on the Gomph and Osborne prices. Now comes the hard part of making a decsion. LOL But I reckon ya get what ya pay for.

Once again I want to Thank everyone for taking the time to reply and helping me out.

Mike

Edited by rawhide1

Brent

I looked at the Weaver tools and they look like nice tools. But I don't have a tax # so I don't think I can order from them. But thanks for the suggestion.

Mike

Well then, guess it's time to apply for one. As long as you aren't making a profit 3 out of 5 years, I think it is, you don't have to file as a business for your Federal income taxes and go through all that hassle. The way the economy is going, that shouldn't be hard to do.... (not making a profit).

Mike

I bought a set off ebay. Basically a nice little set for very little money (to my thinking). Had a steel handle, with different size bag punch deals that threaded to the handle. Can't remember who I purchased it from but it works for what I'm doing with it anyway.

Mike

I replied earlier telling you to check ebay...anyway here's a picture of the setMy link I got (got two different one's actually) and I like this one best.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Vikefan

Vikefan

Thanks for information. I took a look at those and I have a set kinda of like those. I'm trying to get away from having to change the tips. I think it's laziness on my part.LOL But a big thanks for the reply.

Thanks, MIke