Sign in to follow this  
GElsenbeck

Hello fellow leatherworkers

cowboy.gifI've been guilty of lurking for a bit to get a feel of whats what ladies and gentlemen so I thought it would be a good time to chime in today. Hmmm, lets see, where does one start. Without this trying to look like a full blown bio I'll just begin by telling you all I'm retired (2004) and have had this affair for the past 40+ years learning and doing alot of woodworking related to the 18th century. I guess the big love is our nation's early history and how things were done then. As an off shoot I'm also a big fan and participant in the black powder sports. As a such, I'm always eager to learn more related to the 18th century leatherworkers and what/how they made things. I find working a leather project most enjoyable, yet being challenging. Anyway, I've been learning and reading much for the last couple of years and been active in making leather hunting bags for about a year now. At least between making powder horns and completing other 'honey do' projects, if you know what I mean. cowboy.gif

I hope to learn even more and you will find I'll even chime in with some more questions. I'm not too sure I'll have many answers, but I will try.

Here's one of my latest project.

Gary

ToTW pics 003.jpg

post-11813-125332406191_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the site, there is much to learn, see and do here! My interest is the recreation of historical pieces also but more medieval period.

Gary Welcome. that bag Shines.Lets see more of your Plunder.

"watch your top knot"

Gary,

Welcome. Glad you joined our worldwide growing group. Lots of fine folk here to share ideas, help and fun with. Good looking bag you got there and I liked te way you formed the edge.

Regis

Welcome Gary, and nice work. Steve