Sign in to follow this  
rawhide1

What happens when a 3y/o drives a car!

Well this morning I had the crap scared out of me. After I got home from work I got the kids from my inlaws and took the two oldest to school me and my boy went home. I worked on some truck belts for awhile and he watched a few cartoons. I then fixed us lunch well after we ate I sat in the recliner with him. I was going to take a short nap(was tired from night calls) before picking the girls up from school and I figured he would too. How wrong I was I did take a little nap he on the other hand went out and started my car and drove it about 50 yards. He actually missed the house and three other trees before coming to a windblock of cedar trees and hitting one. I had woke up about this time and was looking for him when I looked out the window and saw him running towards the house hollering daddy. Well I ran out there and made sure he was all right which he was luckily. I then went to retrieve my car out of the trees. When I got in he had actually put the car back in park and turned it off. My wife was asleep as she works 3rd shift so I had to wake her up and tell her the boy had wrecked the car! She was not very happy! So the lesson I learned today is to take the keys out of my car.

Mike

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

post-4953-125427748793_thumb.jpg

post-4953-125427753047_thumb.jpg

WOW smart kid and lucky too. Atleast it wasnt more then some damage to the car.

Glad I wasnt in that house when you woke her up lol.

This is one of those moments when I'm reminded how lucky I am that my 5 yr old won't even open a door to go outside without telling one of us.

Sounds like you have a very bright boy. I think I was 10 or 12 before I tried driving :)

Dan