Crystal

It's a Boy!

We took some items into the local humane society this weekend. Dropped off newspapers, toys, blankets and bleach. Came home with this little fellow:

Jimme 3.jpg

Jimme 1.jpg

We named him Jimme. My sister told us "You can't change the whole world by adopting one dog but you can change one dog's whole world." We're sure glad we get the chance to change his.

Crystal

post-6163-125548043954_thumb.jpg

post-6163-125548048977_thumb.jpg

Congrats! I like your sister's quote - that's how I feel about the cat we adopted from our city shelter.

That is awesome. Its nice to see not all people are just looking out for themselves. That is a fine looking dog. Hope all turns out well for ya.

Bet that young fella is glad to be out of the hoosegow! Glad you adopted a shelter pet. There are soooo many good ones in those places. My own two mushing heroes are from shelters, as will be any future ones. They are highly worthy of a life.

Kate

Hoooray!!! Thank you for changing one animals world and with the many others that get shelter pets we can change the world together. Life is so much better with compassion.

Jimme is one fine looking fellow !! Looking at the picture he knows he is Home !! :-))

My last two dogs have come from the pound. Miss Hannah was a Cocker and i had her almost 15 years. Happy Man got bailed out right before Christmas last year.

Getting a Pound Puppy is a win win for them and us. We get a new friend and they get a new home. Your sister is excatly right !!

Good on you, Crystal! There should be more people like you in this world!

My hat is off to you!

Thanks, everyone. We don't feel too special about scooping him up, I am sure if you'd have seen him you'd have done the same.

So far a few health issues, which I was expecting. But - he is housebroken, plays a good ball game, is polite and extremely gentle. Loves the car and isn't afraid of the vet. Only thing he didn't care for was the bath, but he stood like a trooper anyway. He lays where you tell him to, doesn't fuss over food and won't touch anything unless you give it to him. We are amazed! However, we are watching Suzie (the springer) and the cats.... we think they are plotting and want to send him back. We've hidden all the rope and duct tape from them.

Crystal