Sign in to follow this  
craftsman827

Lookin For Wooden Clog soles

Many years ago, Tandy had wooded CLOG kits.

There were a lot of patterns for the leather tops of the wooden clogs.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I MIGHT FIND A SUPPLIER TO GET THE WOODEN CLOG BOTTOMS?????

I too, would like to hook up with some wooden clog bottoms, but I don't want to buy a large quantity.

I have patterns, but nothing to use them on, & I haven't ever noticed any showing up on ebay. :coffeecomp:

russ

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I MIGHT FIND A SUPPLIER TO GET THE WOODEN CLOG BOTTOMS?????

you might try this place... she states on her website to email her if you need help finding shoe making supplies:

http://www.shoedo.com/shoecomponents.html

It's not quite that simple, what size (english, american european sizes?), what style shoe style, slip on (Dansko style) round toe,common toe, how many pairs, obviously the more you buy, the cheaper they are. are you in the US? will you have to pay import duty? if so this would add to the cost.

cheers

Mike Cahill

http//.www.clogger.eu

It's not quite that simple, what size (english, american european sizes?), what style shoe style, slip on (Dansko style) round toe,common toe, how many pairs, obviously the more you buy, the cheaper they are. are you in the US? will you have to pay import duty? if so this would add to the cost.

cheers

Mike Cahill

http//.www.clogger.eu

I posted the above without thinking it through, If you know someone who has a bandsaw with a 5 in. or larger throat it would be easy enough to design and make your own soles out of a light white wood such as beech, poplar (aspen) or sycamore. I could give you some advice, it is fairly standard woodwork

Look up "Pattens"

they are the medieval clog

there are sites out there that have patterns for the things.

Mark Carlson's site for one.