alsleather

Skiver

I am looking for skiver. This is very thin leather which I use to line billfold backs etc. I have sourced numerous vendors and have not had any luck finding any. Thank you!

Are you looking for a splitter, a bell skiver, or a piece of leather called a skiver?

Kevin

I am looking for skiver. This is very thin leather which I use to line billfold backs etc. I have sourced numerous vendors and have not had any luck finding any. Thank you!

try bookbinders suppliers, or go direct to a tannery, they might sell you the top split,

cheers

mike

Are you looking for a splitter, a bell skiver, or a piece of leather called a skiver?

Kevin

Kevin, It is leather as sheepskin skiver.

If you or anyone else is looking for sheepskin skiver my store in Oklahoma City has a good supply. The skiver is the thinnest veg-tan leather you can find and is the best lining to use if you don't want to add any additional weight to your projects. It gives you a very classy and atractive finished look. Back in the day the old Tandy Leather used to offer this but in recent years it was dropped from their line. We have just received a shipment from the tannery and it is being test marketed at TLF in OKC. For more information contact K.C. by emailing him at: oklahomacity@tandyleather.com.

I hope that test goes over well in Oklahoma City. I'd like to see that in our store in Fargo.

Try kevin at springfield leather. He has everything.He know's what leatherworkers are looking for and keeps most things on hand. unlike tandy and TLF ,he takes pride in what he sales and it is not the inported chinese junk that tandy and TLF sales.I use to buy it from Kevin a couple years ago and if he has it, I know it is good and he will pick it out for you personely. He wants your business and will work for it unlike the other corporate store that does not care if you get bad leather or worse leather.and what ever you do ,do not buy lace from Tandy or the TLF, it is dry rotted lace that breaks every 4 inchs and they know it is bad. Click on the banner to do business with Kevin at springfield leather and tell him Gary from santa fe say's hi. Gary

Sorry I got to this so late, You need to go to a Bookbinder's supply like Talas

http://www.talasonline.com

look under sheepskin

Art