Sign in to follow this  
ETW Grumpy

Sam Browne Snaps

I can get rivet type Sam Browne snaps at Tandy, do I need a specific setter/anvil to set them? Does anyone make a screw on Sam Browne snap?

Hey Grumpy, i see you are still Hanging.......Hang in there...

YES YOU WILL NEED THE SETTER FOR THE SAM BROWN POST

and tandy also has the screw attached POST. hope this helps....

Thanks Luke. I'll hunt' em up at the local Tandy. Yeah I'm still hanging in. To ornery to quit. Sending you a PM.

GRUMPY,

Tandy does indeed have the SAM brown posts. i try to use them as much as possible, less concern coming off in my opinion. gives it a great look as well. i didn't have a setter for it and just used a heavy rawhide mallet to drive it home and worked great i thought, the screw backs seem to come loose a bit easier unless ya use lock tight or some clear nail polish that will still allow you to remove it ONLY when YOU want to.

Thanks kagekeeper. I was thinking about using the screw on type with some Loctite because it's going on something that will not see a lot of stress.

I'm glad i could help Grumpy...

.I'm still a newbie to all this, so what little i can offer to anyone is always a pleasure. just remember if u have never used the SAM brown b4, be sure to cut the small slit next to the hole