iwannabeacowboy

Do you believe this!

Now do you see why i do not do any business with ebay. i done my share of business don't get me wrong.I was mainly a seller and sold a lot of Gopmh tools for good money. those same tools i sold for 40 to 50 dollars each now sell for 5 to 10 dollars each.go figure. ebay the place for dummies deadsubject.gif

Why is y***i bidding himself up? It appears like he has done this 5 times.

Denise,

He is bidding up a few bucks at time picking at q***i to see where that bid is. Even if you bid a high amount, Ebay won't let you raise your own bid if nobody is bidding against you. The only exception is if the seller has a reserve and the bidder hasn't hit it yet. You will see some leading bidders bid again later on in an auction. This is to raise their original maximum bid, in case someone bids a little higher later in the auction.

Then there is the whole sniper deal that automatically bids on your behalf with seconds to go. You enter a maximum bid into a sniper program, and it places it just as the auction is winding down. Some live bidder thinks they have it locked up, and with a few seconds to go a sniper computer program bids for someone and you have no chance to raise. Ebay is one of those places you need to know what you are bidding on, set a maximum bid, and let it ride. You just have to take the bidding emotion out of it. Traditional auction bidding strategy is all but gone.

So the seller has a reserve that is over $40 on a tool worth $4.99? Remind me not to let him sell me stock...

So the seller has a reserve that is over $40 on a tool worth $4.99? Remind me not to let him sell me stock...

Actualy, the seller is out of the picture, at this point (assuming that q***i is NOT the seller- and ebay is pretty firm about this type of behavior). It is merely y***i & q***i fighting (bidding) it out.

Btw, I have a bunch of $5 items that I'd like to get these individuals (y***i, o***o & q***i)really interested in.

Edited by whinewine

Now do you see why i do not do any business with ebay. i done my share of business don't get me wrong.I was mainly a seller and sold a lot of Gopmh tools for good money. those same tools i sold for 40 to 50 dollars each now sell for 5 to 10 dollars each.go figure. ebay the place for dummies deadsubject.gif

I must be on the wrong ebay as I haven't seen any gomph tools go for 5 0r 10 dollars!!! Although I don't consider myself the sharpest tool in the bucket I don't consider myself the dullest either. I do some buying on ebay and I'm 99.9% happy with my experience. But then again I try and find out what a tool is worth and then figure the most I want to pay for it. I will then set my maximum and forget about it. Sometimes I think people are buying gifts for others and they don't the true value of the tool their bidding on. They may not know where to go to buy these tools other than ebay. Which is no excuse but sometimes I wonder what if that was my mom or wife trying to buy me a gift. I reckon people just need to take the time and try to find out the true worth of what their bidding on.

Mike

I gotta agree with Mike, ive gottten some great deals on Ebay, cant really agree on the statement its a place for dummies, Im pretty sure theres some of them in whatever place you look, but as a buyer Ive been more than happy with my purchases on Ebay, as a seller on the other hand I do think they get carried away with all there fees but nobodys forcing anybody to buy or sell. Its just another tool out there and nothings free.

That auction is proof that "Stoopid peepal shood not breed" !