Arley

Turkshead ~ Finally !

Wow... is all that I can say.

I was almost ready to move on as this TH stuff was about to beat me, I sure had one heck of a time. I have no books, I just kept watching videos over and over and over again... Now perhaps its coming together.

My first success was the TH on the factory mallet. Then I tried a 3 pass 16L3B TH on the homemade ( ex firewood ) mallet. The needle I made from a broken bore cleaning rod.

Now, maybe I can start getting into the physics part of the Turkshead.

turksheadhammerhandles.jpg

That looks cool!

Spence: If you look at this thread, this is what I was talking about on my mauls.

Great job...............Happy Holidays!

Someday when you rich and famous that Firewood Mallet will be worth a fortune.

thumbsup.gifGOOD JOB !thumbsup.gif

Nice work. But I think you mean the math part of the TH. That's quite an ambitious set out if I might say. But there is more TH's out there.

royal-blue-and-antique-gold_t2.jpg

54.jpg

57.jpg

pict0010.jpg

Many more TH's to be made and so little time to do them.

Wow... is all that I can say.

I was almost ready to move on as this TH stuff was about to beat me, I sure had one heck of a time. I have no books, I just kept watching videos over and over and over again... Now perhaps its coming together.

My first success was the TH on the factory mallet. Then I tried a 3 pass 16L3B TH on the homemade ( ex firewood ) mallet. The needle I made from a broken bore cleaning rod.

Now, maybe I can start getting into the physics part of the Turkshead.

turksheadhammerhandles.jpg

wow!... the both of you make me want to give all of my braiding supplies/stuff away... great looking braclet there...

eric

Stunning.

I really like your bracelet.:clapping:

How is it made?

Erik

Beautiful bradings :clapping:

I wish I could wrap my head around it too...

Looks great. Now just try multiple colours then move on to pineapples...lol

ANd if you didn't mention the needle I was going to ask where you got it, there is a site somewhere I lost selling about 5 sizes of silverish needles that I lost track off...

Nice job Arley! The handles look great!

Hi 8thsinner, Don has 5 sizes of needles here:

knottool.com

Anodized aluminum needles which are bored and threaded at the back end to take various sizes of cord. These needles will change the way you tie knots. The anodized surface slides easily thru knots of synthetic or natural material. Colors will vary.

Size 1 is useful for 0.8 to 1.4mm cord

Size 2 is useful for 1.0 to 2.0mm cord

Size 4 is useful for 2.0 to 3.0mm cord

Size 6 is useful for parachute cord

Size 8 is useful for 3.0 to 4.0mm cord

5needles-10-numbered.JPG

Edited by skyout

Here's a PK I tied recently using one of Don's fine needles. It is a 16p x 16b, 2 pass, Type 1 PK key fob in Univ. of FL Gators colors. I used Cross Lace cord throughout. I started with the 4 strand round braid that is joined together at the base with a constrictor knot. Then I passed the ends through a 5/16" drilled hole in a 20 mm round wooden bead and tied an 8 strand Mathew Walker knot. The ends of the cords have a sort of half round ball on their ends from burning with a lighter.

This PK is dressed extremely hard and tight. It feels like a rock and almost everyone that holds it comments on how hard it is; one co-worker even asked how rope can be so hard. lol

I made a tutorial for this PK and CitizenKate was kind enough to post it in the Tutorial section:

16p x 16b, 2 Pass, Type 1 PK tutorial/grid

gatorpkfob.jpg