8thsinner

I finally got around to seeing this today and I was absolutely blown away.

Now if you haven't seen it there may be a spoiler or two here.

Now the reason I wanna talk about this is that I was looking around you tube and other video sites like that guy with the glasses and such. And I am noticing some very marmite type responses to this film. People either do seem to love it or hate it. And it's pis n me off to be honest.

Most of the haters responses are based on one of very few reasons.

1 - Not an original story

What I say...look at fricken Dracula, do you think the 40th version is actually better than the 39th? A christmas carol? Hound of the baskervilles? Theres a limited number of ways of telling a story with a limited number of plots.

Heres the run down for this one if you want to simplify it that much. Hero is conflicted in joining the peaceful natives or killing them as a soldier...It has been done about a thousand times. Guess what, so has nearly every holywood movie. Did these people miss the fact that it's how you tell the story that makes it different. It's told again and again because it inspires, pulls us in, makes us feel happy and sad, laugh and cry.

At first it might be a little technology based and you have to make allowances for this especially in special effects action, and sci fi genres. Godzilla, Transformers, Dracula as I mentioned, end of the world plots, etc etc.

Without going into the possibility of maybe holographic screens playing all around us and in light of technological boundaries of a flat screen projected from raw film. a 3D cgi movie is the best we can get, there is no effect we cannot make appear flawlessly real, there is nothing stopping us but our imagination.

This movie inspires us to see the beautiful in things all around us, It's colourful, beautiful, epic, And my favourite film is the crow (NEARLY ALL BLACK)

2) Boring.

WTF are you on, oh let me guess, two hotdogs, 2 litre can of watered down pepsi syrup, and a tub of popcorn so big you could get lost in it...Drink so much you had to go the bathroom ten times in three hours? AWH poor you. Not enough gore for your tastes? Cut your fingers off and eat them.

I'm sorry, but if anyone here could actually be bored by this film, reguardless of how good your leatherwork is, I think my respect for you just went down a notch.

I am so sick of sheeple in this society, closed minded idiots and stupidity so severe that we actually have documented TV awards naming the people the probably think that hamburger comes from ham which is made in a factory from a bean or some crap. GET a LIFE, get some education and wake up.

You know what, I can't even be bothered to finish this rant.

If you liked this movie chime in, if not, don't tell me "it's crap" at least formulate a reasoning for your dislke using some intelligence and I might actually respect it.

I don't have high expectations, I don't think every ramantic novelist reader is going to like it or a thousand other stereo types I could mention but if you like sci fi or even something a little bit different try it out in 3D, you might be surprised.

You are my kind of movie watcher: the one that still has an imagination. To me, movies are about escapism. I'm not looking for every detail to be letter perfect. I'm TOTALLY psyched about seeing Avatar, and hope to this weekend. Will add my thoughts then.

I also loved The Crow.

Wow! I loved it.

It's a phenomenal movie!

The only bitch I have about it is the name of the magical substance: 'unobtanium'... to me that cheapens the effect a touch, but overall, a great escape from a bleak & rainy/icy landscape outside.

(I wonder if if they'll make a dvd in 3d? [or if that's even possible?- does it need to be specially projected? hmmm?] That would be great- & I still have the glasses.)

russ

We were lucky here, the 3D glasses are top of the range, but they have people with buckets waiting for you when you leave which is fair enough the ones they supplied would not be cheap in the slightest.

And I am glad you agree.

Really.

I am.

I just saw it this afternoon. What an amazing movie! LOVED every scene of it. The battle scene at the end was epic. 3D was perfect and very cool. Alien chicks were pretty hot too! HAHA!

I didn't just see it in 3D, I saw it in IMAX 3D, and it was worth every penny and the headache I had when it was over. :notworthy:

Finally got around to seeing it today I absolutely loved it my husband and son raved about it as well. Only saw the normal version though as I tend feel quite sick after watching 3D movies.

I finally got to see the movie in 3D today. Was going to see it cheaply, but my sis, who was watching our son for us, said "you're not allowed!"

OH MY LORD!!!!! What a movie. Ranks as one of the best movies I've ever seen. I'm glad I listened to her. The effects were incredible, the visuals amazing, and though there were stereotypical characters I absolutely am going to buy it when it comes out.

I think the Banshees were my favorite part. Anything that looks like a dragon is good with me!

Just saw it last night in IMAX 3D. :jawdropper: Yes the tickets were not cheap but he seats were great(due to all the people at home watching the Super Bowl) and the glasses were good except I already wear galsses and the fit could have been better. One of the best movies I have seen. Coupled with fantastic 3D and it just seems to come alive. A seamless interface between the live action and the CGI.  I am buying it in BLUERAY when it comes out. I  am getting the urge to see it again but have to think twice about the $16.50 per ticket. But worth it to get transported to a luminous planet light years away. :yes:

I wear glasses too, and was regretting not wearing my contacts so the 3D glasses would fit better. But then I figured it worked out for the best, 'cuz crying and contacts don't get along, and I was doing a bit of crying. What can I say, some movies get me like that.

I wear glasses too, and was regretting not wearing my contacts so the 3D glasses would fit better. But then I figured it worked out for the best, 'cuz crying and contacts don't get along, and I was doing a bit of crying. What can I say, some movies get me like that.

Ah Jeez! Come to think of it I got something in my eyes a couple of times. Must have been all the smoldering ash floating around.

Edited by Storm

Yeah, that's it! LOL! My problem is that I'm as likely to cry over something that's "beautiful" as something that's sad.