I have to wear a suit in a few weeks, and my black belt seems to have shrunk a few inches since I got married. Oh well, time to make a new one. This is a Stohlman disign out of Craftool Tech-Tips. I needed a black belt, but wanted to do something that would stand out a little more. This is quick belt to tool, but the dye and antique took a while.

Diamond Belt 1.JPG

Diamond Belt 2.JPG

post-7753-126239961823_thumb.jpg

post-7753-126239964393_thumb.jpg

I have to wear a suit in a few weeks, and my black belt seems to have shrunk a few inches since I got married. Oh well, time to make a new one. This is a Stohlman disign out of Craftool Tech-Tips. I needed a black belt, but wanted to do something that would stand out a little more. This is quick belt to tool, but the dye and antique took a while.

I think it looks absolutly fantastic

Good pattern. I like it. Thanks for posting the pics

Happy tooling

Tim

Nice! smile.gif

Edited by Hilly

I've never seen that stamping pattern before, but it's very attractive. Really nice dyeing job, too. Kudos!

Wow, i've never thought to use the basket stamp that way, Absolutely beautiful work! What was it dyed with? (I'm trying to broaden my dye/stain process past a simple coat and sealant.)

Thank you for the compliments. I dyed the black portions and the edges with Fibeings black dye with a small brush. I was running out of dye, so I did the back with Kiwi Leather Dye with the sponge applicator. After the black dye, I oiled it and did the edges, then did two coats of Eco-flow Acorn Brown all-in one Antique. After wiping that down, I used Fibeings Leather Balm with Atom wax, and buffed it with a shoe polish brush.