Bronson

how are you settting one way snaps?

Right now I'm using ....well more like attempting to use, a hammer and the little post and anvil dealy to set snaps. These do not seem to be working well with the one way snaps I have. I do have access to a Press N Snap style setting tool at work but the one way snaps will not fit on the dies that we have.

Does anybody have any, relatively inexpensive, suggestions for tools for setting these snaps? Depending on price I might be able to get a set of dies that I could take into work and set all my snaps there while I save for my own Press N Snap but I really have no idea where to look for one way snap dies that will work on the Press N Snap.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bronson

Aaahh, thanks for that. It was very helpful. I'll have to double check the brand of snap tool we have at work and then order some dies.

Thanks again.

Bronson

Thanks for that, the cheapest I was able to find the Press N Snap was $103.00 from Rochford Supply. It looks like you'll save me a couple of dollars (their shipping is cheaper too).

I've got a die on the way and I'll try it out on the Press N Snap at work. If it works out I'll get my own.

Thanks again guys,

Bronson

Right now I'm using ....well more like attempting to use, a hammer and the little post and anvil dealy to set snaps. These do not seem to be working well with the one way snaps I have. I do have access to a Press N Snap style setting tool at work but the one way snaps will not fit on the dies that we have.

Does anybody have any, relatively inexpensive, suggestions for tools for setting these snaps? Depending on price I might be able to get a set of dies that I could take into work and set all my snaps there while I save for my own Press N Snap but I really have no idea where to look for one way snap dies that will work on the Press N Snap.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bronson

i can empathize with you on this. I was using the same setup as you and have had good luck with the setting. But some of my latest projects have had some snaps fail. I finally decided to buy a bench mounted hand press and i like it alot. more work to swap out dies, but so far i havent had a snap fail...knock on wood.

one catch tho, is that you cant set both of the (one way) snaps using the standard dies. i forget which one, but one side wont fit. the proper dies are more expensive and i think i will buy a set in a few months, so for now, i do as much by the hand press and the rest by hand.

also, dont get rid of the system you are using now. most presses have a limited throat/depth you can put the work into.