Big Papa Leather

Maker's Marks

Hi guys....

Awhile back I made a post about wanting to collect maker's stamps. I finally got my workshop built and have been attaching the marks that were sent to me onto the 2x4 supports for the shelving I built. I was hoping that I could entice a few more folks into sending me some of your marks. If you are interested, I can send you a self addressed stamped envelope and a piece of leather. All you gotta do is say "yup, I'll send it to you" in a pm or email to bigpapaleather at gmail dot com. I'll need an address to send the SASE to and when it arrives, stamp the leather with your mark, stick it in the envelope and give it to the mail man. Simple huh? If you want I'll even send a few of mine if you'd like to start a collection.

For those who do not have a stamp and you want to participate, I will send the same set-up and you can mark it however you mark your work. Do you use the Tandy "Made by-----" stamp and fill in your name? Cool I'd like one of those. If you just put your name like an artist signature? Awesome! I'd like that as well. Whatever it is you do to identify the work as yours, I'd like to display it in my shop.

That's it folks easy as pie!

Thanks for looking and hope to hear from EVERYBODY!

Allen

I send you a box load of my stamps. I'll even deliver them to the big city of B-net!!

I'll bring mine to the Guild meeting.

Thanks Spence!

And thanks to the three others that offered. I thought that I was making it easy for just about everyone to join in. No cost. I'd send the leather and the enevlope to send it back. Heck I'd even do International if one of our members from another country would offer up.

It would only take a second and your not out anything. I ain't gonna steal your mark I'm just interested in collecting them.

When I was in the police department our Association had a collection of 8000 patches from nationwide and international police departments. Not looking for 8000 marks, I'd have to build another workshop... Now that I'm thinking about it.... I could use more room.

OK folks make me build on to my shop and get me those marks! Almost 100 views and only three takers?

Free? I send the stuff.

Allen

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask this question. Where does a person get one o' them fancy maker's mark stamps?

Thanks

Ok....I'll bite.

How big a piece of leather do you want this on? No need to send me a SASE or leather unless you are trying to keep a standard size or shape of leather.

Send me a PM with your address

John

Otis Leather Company

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask this question. Where does a person get one o' them fancy maker's mark stamps?

Thanks

Jason,

I got mine from Brenda at Laser Gift Creations. She was awesome to work with. There are several stamp makers who use steel, but they are expensive. For $35 bucks, you can't go wrong.

JET

Jason,

I got mine from Brenda at Laser Gift Creations. She was awesome to work with. There are several stamp makers who use steel, but they are expensive. For $35 bucks, you can't go wrong.

JET

Hey thanks for that info!

Hi guys....

Awhile back I made a post about wanting to collect maker's stamps. I finally got my workshop built and have been attaching the marks that were sent to me onto the 2x4 supports for the shelving I built. I was hoping that I could entice a few more folks into sending me some of your marks. If you are interested, I can send you a self addressed stamped envelope and a piece of leather. All you gotta do is say "yup, I'll send it to you" in a pm or email to bigpapaleather at gmail dot com. I'll need an address to send the SASE to and when it arrives, stamp the leather with your mark, stick it in the envelope and give it to the mail man. Simple huh? If you want I'll even send a few of mine if you'd like to start a collection.

For those who do not have a stamp and you want to participate, I will send the same set-up and you can mark it however you mark your work. Do you use the Tandy "Made by-----" stamp and fill in your name? Cool I'd like one of those. If you just put your name like an artist signature? Awesome! I'd like that as well. Whatever it is you do to identify the work as yours, I'd like to display it in my shop.

That's it folks easy as pie!

Thanks for looking and hope to hear from EVERYBODY!

Allen

Allen,

How `bout posting a photo or two of how they're posted in your shop, and details of some of the more unique ones?

Harvey

I will have some pics ready soon. I got a small collection started and it is really looking pretty cool.

Don't be shy folks jump on in.

Allen

Thanks for the offer so far. I hope I got them out to those who wanted on in redturn.

If I missed ya... let me know!

Allen--Big Papa

let me know what your address is and ill send you one. let me know what size of leather you want it on

let me know what your address is and ill send you one. let me know what size of leather you want it on

send me an address and let me know what size you want and I will send you one. I have plenty os scrap so don't bother sending leaher. Would you like chocolate, chestnut or russett? Oh, yes, and shape. Ken

Thanks Spence!

And thanks to the three others that offered. I thought that I was making it easy for just about everyone to join in. No cost. I'd send the leather and the enevlope to send it back. Heck I'd even do International if one of our members from another country would offer up.

It would only take a second and your not out anything. I ain't gonna steal your mark I'm just interested in collecting them.

When I was in the police department our Association had a collection of 8000 patches from nationwide and international police departments. Not looking for 8000 marks, I'd have to build another workshop... Now that I'm thinking about it.... I could use more room.

OK folks make me build on to my shop and get me those marks! Almost 100 views and only three takers?

Free? I send the stuff.

Allen

Jason,

JET

I actually just ordered a steel stamp from http://www.phillipsengraving.com/Leather_Stamps.html for just $38.