anester05

Attaching The 3 Ring Binder

What do you do to attach the 3 rings inside your leather binders? I am having problems with mine. I tried a quick rivet it was either too loose or I bent the binder trying to tighten it up. Should I use screws, split rivets any suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam

I use chicago screws.

my question is where do you get the binder rings without the binder?

my question is where do you get the binder rings without the binder?

Depends on how many you need and how much quality you are looking for. If you are wanting a bunch of them, then it is probably worth going online and finding them. For just one or two, you are probably well off going to Walmart or some other department store and buying a couple of the plastic binders and drilling out the rivets that hold them together. I get the plastic ones because then I can use the plastic for templates and such. If you have a high quality notebook project, then you may consider an office supply store. Some of the notebook binders there will have a higher quality mechanism in them that are stronger and more secure than the Walmart ones. Another source that I have used many times is your town's thrift store ( Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc).