unicornwoman

round kangaroo lace

Does anyone know if round lace is available in kangaroo? The suppliers I've dealt with do not make it. The round lace they have is from India, like the rest of it and is NOT kangaroo.

I know Tandy used to carry it. I still have a couple of spools. You might try them.

I was at my local Tandy store today and they still carry kangaroo lace. A 25 yard spool is about $50 (depending on size). Didn't notice if it was round.

John

Edited by gunfighter48

I was at my local Tandy store today and they still carry kangaroo lace. A 25 yard spool is about $50 (depending on size). Didn't notice if it was round.

John

The round stuff they carry is NOT marked kangaroo. Considering the price and the quality of it, I'm quite certain it is NOT.

The round lace that Tandy carries is NOT roo lace. The roll is labeled "Made in India" and I've got a roll right here. It is very weak and is not that nice of a lace. More used for doing braids or other hobby type stuff. And I have no idea why I have it.

As to sellers of round roo lace, I have yet to see any, but I'm thinking if you are an ingenuitive person, you could probably drill a small hole though a piece of hardwood, then soak your roo lace in water overnight, then draw it through the small hole and this may work.

Ken

The round lace that Tandy carries is NOT roo lace. The roll is labeled "Made in India" and I've got a roll right here. It is very weak and is not that nice of a lace. More used for doing braids or other hobby type stuff. And I have no idea why I have it.

Ken

Ken: I believe it's goat lacing. I've found that the natural is very, very weak, but the dyed stuff is, for the most part, quite strong (except in just a few certain areas). We've used it for running stitch lacing in several of the pouches we do, & we use it alot for corners of wine glass holders & plant hangers. I've seen people make necklaces that look like barbed wire from it. It's relatively useful, once you do find uses for it. But again, I don't use the natural. It is too weak. russ

This site from New Zealand claims it is round kangaroo, but the pix isn't very inspiring. Not to mention that the $55 inspection fee from US Fish & Wildlife on all import/exports of kangaroo makes me hesitate to buy a trial sample.

http://www.beadbazaar.co.nz/