This is basically my first complete belt. The first one that actually ended up functioning and looking (mostly) decent. It is made from double 7-8. All hand stitched with, believe it or not, nearly 30 feet of thread. Dyed with Fiebing's alcohol-based Mahogany and finished with 3 light coats of Resolene. Edges done with Edge Kote. Next time I plan to dye the edges instead. The camera flash brings out all the blemishes, so I can already see most of what I did wrong. I can tell it needs buffing a little more to smooth the appearance. Let me know what you all think.

GunBelt.jpg

It looks pretty nice to me--kudos for the stitching! I hand-stitched a belt one time, and that was enough to avoid doing it again for a long time :P. Overall, it looks like a nice, sturdy belt, and the only thing I have to comment on, design wise, is that the keeper loop is kind of far back, so it won't hold the end of the belt in place if you use the last two holes. Still, looking good!

~Noah

Really nice looking belt. Now that you have that one under your "belt" lets see one with some awesome tooling on it.

I just have one question for you. Who you gonna RobDude? LOL

It looks pretty nice to me--kudos for the stitching! I hand-stitched a belt one time, and that was enough to avoid doing it again for a long time :P. Overall, it looks like a nice, sturdy belt, and the only thing I have to comment on, design wise, is that the keeper loop is kind of far back, so it won't hold the end of the belt in place if you use the last two holes. Still, looking good!

~Noah

Yeah, the keeper loop is too far out. It is due to my using line 24 snaps (too big) I think and having the first one too far from the buckle. I think the tongue of the belt should have been a little longer as well. All needed adjustments before I do the next one. Thanks for the advice!

Really nice looking belt. Now that you have that one under your "belt" lets see one with some awesome tooling on it.

I just have one question for you. Who you gonna RobDude? LOL

HaHa! That's a good one. I gotta get my holster built before I do any Robbin', dude.

The tooling is coming along slowly. I've been practicing on some scraps. Not yet ready for prime time.

Hey Rob!

As with most of us and our own work, you are the only one who can see the blemishes. If it drives you to better work, it great. If it drives you crazy...not so good!

I think it's an outstanding first effort

Mike

RobDude,

Belt looks good, I hand stitch everything and I know how long it can take, did you also cement the leather together? Have you tried using chicago screws instead of line snaps? I switched when I discovered it was easier to just punch the holes and not worry about setting the snaps. It also allows you to change the buckle (nickle,brass) and then just use the same color screws.

RobDude,

Belt looks good, I hand stitch everything and I know how long it can take, did you also cement the leather together? Have you tried using chicago screws instead of line snaps? I switched when I discovered it was easier to just punch the holes and not worry about setting the snaps. It also allows you to change the buckle (nickle,brass) and then just use the same color screws.

Thanks! I used Barge's to glue the belt together. I have tried the Chicago screws as well and do like them.

Looks good to me. A nice functional belt. Keep it up.