PapaWolf

Money making hobby

Hey guys and gals. Well, I've already posted a few times but just noticed that this section had a place for introductions. I'm called PapaWolf, I am a husband and father of two little boys (I'm just proud to have a wrestling tag team, I'm not going for a football team, damn I'd never get any sleep). I live in southwest Kansas at the moment, was born in raised in La Porte, Texas right outside of Houston. I currently make rather simple things, dog collars, bracelets, Native American Medicine Bags, and some wallets. I do evberything by hand at this time, it would be nice to one day get a sewing machine and a belt press but that might take a little while. Anyway, I'me looking to increase my skills to make motorcycle saddlebags and some other more complicated things.

On a side note, I would just like to say how much I love that fact that this forum seems to have a different kind of people on it. Most forums I am a part of are filled with people that "know everything" and seem to think that everyone else is a moron.

Papa Wolf

"A man taught me to fight, a Wolf taught me to live."

Hey guys and gals. Well, I've already posted a few times but just noticed that this section had a place for introductions. I'm called PapaWolf, I am a husband and father of two little boys (I'm just proud to have a wrestling tag team, I'm not going for a football team, damn I'd never get any sleep). I live in southwest Kansas at the moment, was born in raised in La Porte, Texas right outside of Houston. I currently make rather simple things, dog collars, bracelets, Native American Medicine Bags, and some wallets. I do evberything by hand at this time, it would be nice to one day get a sewing machine and a belt press but that might take a little while. Anyway, I'me looking to increase my skills to make motorcycle saddlebags and some other more complicated things.

On a side note, I would just like to say how much I love that fact that this forum seems to have a different kind of people on it. Most forums I am a part of are filled with people that "know everything" and seem to think that everyone else is a moron.

Papa Wolf

Welcome to the forum PapaWolf, and you got it right (in my book), this place must be the best on the net. People are really helpful and friendly:-)

Love you wolf quote...

P1010032_full_view.jpg

Papa Wolf

welcome Papa wolf. jump in here and show us your stuff......

I grew up in Bryan Texas....for the wrestlers in your familyyou need to make them a coupla of these....

post-1906-1207756415_thumb.jpg

Awesome Luke! I already have some plans drawn up for that. LOL. Mine will be all leather though. How did you do the metal or plastic plates?! Looks great!

Welcome to the forum PapaWolf, and you got it right (in my book), this place must be the best on the net. People are really helpful and friendly:-) Love you wolf quote...
Thanks for the compliment on the quote :)

Awesome Luke! I already have some plans drawn up for that. LOL. Mine will be all leather though. How did you do the metal or plastic plates?! Looks great!Thanks for the compliment on the quote :)

Those are professional made Plates. I am the one that does the lacing. it is app. 7 1/2 hrs of 1/8" lace.

p s that is a copy of the Hulk Hogan belt Jan 13 1984.

Edited by Luke Hatley

Papa Wolf

How's it going. Good to see another Leatherworker from my area on the board. I'm just North of Wichita.

Doug

Hey, if you're like me, you'll learn a ton of new stuff here. Welcome

Papa Wolf, great to have you here on the forum. Hope to see one of your belts soon.

As to the friendlyness of the people here, could you imagine if all the people of the world could just learn to pound leather? That'd be great.

Ken

Hi welcome to the forum, Don