Hi All, Here are a couple of holsters I have made for my customers and thought I'd share a few pics. The first is a special order, it is Cordovan with, shark with a heart . The second is my Elephant holster.

Thanks,

Rhome

DGL

www.desbiensgunleather.com

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1362.JPG

post-6560-126686109098_thumb.jpg

Beautiful work as usual, Rhome!

-Adam

Very nice! The heart is a cute touch. Can I ask what the flap at the muzzle end is supposed to add to the holster design? I've seen several like that from various makers - my guess is that it helps stabilize the holster to prevent wobble, but I haven't delved into the realm of IWB yet. Or does it simply provide a larger surface area that rides against the body to minimize pressure points?

Very nice! The heart is a cute touch. Can I ask what the flap at the muzzle end is supposed to add to the holster design? I've seen several like that from various makers - my guess is that it helps stabilize the holster to prevent wobble, but I haven't delved into the realm of IWB yet. Or does it simply provide a larger surface area that rides against the body to minimize pressure points?

I *Think* I can speak for the OP when I say that the flap is a design feature that when inside the pants, down below the hip, helps pull the holster in and around the hip, thus pulling the grip in tighter to the body. Whether you use a flap, or some type of design that is along the belt line that will accomplish the same thing by pulling it in, it really helps in concealment. I've recently implemented that style of flap on some of my holsters, especially those with longer mag wells and grips.

If I'm wrong, somebody put me in my place please. ;)

No, BLR you're correct, but it also helps cover the deep down nerves in that part of the hip, as anything shorter will cause great discomfort. You see there's more to making holsters than what people think.

Best,

Rhome

DGL

Beautiful work Rhome, I was wondering about your belt loops. They are so evan and nice looking. Do you buy long stips pre cut to that width or do you cut them yourself? Everytime I try to make a IWB loop I always screw up the belts and they look like crap. Also what weight do you use?

thanks Rob

Beautiful work Rhome, I was wondering about your belt loops. They are so evan and nice looking. Do you buy long stips pre cut to that width or do you cut them yourself? Everytime I try to make a IWB loop I always screw up the belts and they look like crap. Also what weight do you use?

thanks Rob

Hi Rob, I cut my own loops and all it takes is practice my friend.

Best,

Rhome

DGL

thanks Rob

Rob,

If you are like I was, the ends would be the biggest problem, getting them to look even and uniformly round. I ended up taking a 1' steel pipe, ground back 1/2 of one end about 1/2" to make a 1/2 round punch. I sharpened the other half and put a pipe cap on the other end where I strike it. If you want 1" loops, by 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" pipe. I make my loops 7/8" so it works perfectly, or close enough for me.

DLC1911C1.jpg

Rob,

If you are like I was, the ends would be the biggest problem, getting them to look even and uniformly round. I ended up taking a 1' steel pipe, ground back 1/2 of one end about 1/2" to make a 1/2 round punch. I sharpened the other half and put a pipe cap on the other end where I strike it. If you want 1" loops, by 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" pipe. I make my loops 7/8" so it works perfectly, or close enough for me.

Now there's a man with ideas. Just saved me $30+...

Awesome, Rhome, as always!