Jordan

Holster for Springfield XD

All done, made it in three pieces and sewed it up by hand, was supposed to be british tan but since it was not all from the same piece of leather I had to use alot of dye to match it all up, turned out kinda mahogany.

XD45.JPG

P4070120.JPG

post-4868-1207872153_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1207874254_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jordan

I like the design myself. Can you post a pic of the back so I can see the belt loops? Just out of curiosity how are you applying the dye?

There is a pic in another thread of the back, "Pattern making problem" I think. I just used a dauber at first then switched to a sponge. I cant find the post so here is a terrible pic of the back and I put a pic of the pieces in the 1st post

P4080139.JPG

post-4868-1207874372_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jordan

Good looking holster. I like the color.

After seeing the picture of the pattern before it was assembled I guessed that you were going to sew around the edges of the belt loop. I was surprised to see that you stitched the middle. Does the holster hug your side? From the looks of it, especially considering the weight of the gun, I would think it would want to flop forward away from the body.

Have'nt had time to try it yet, but it has a good curve to it, hugs well and is very stiff. I only have a blue gun so the weight is not what a real one would be but it sits low in the holster so most of the weight should be right at the beltline.

I think it looks great.

The molding is precise. What weight leather?

6/7 I think, I used leather from my scrap bin so not real sure could be 7/8

Nice work. I too like the color. Looks like there is stitching all around the peice that the belt goes through. Is that correct and is it functional or decorative?

Very cool connection solution and color is unique. Keep the holsters coming. :cheers:

Thanks for the kudos, the stitching on the back is decorative around the belt loop portion but sewed to the sweat guard in the middle like an inverted H. I should have extended it a few more holes to the left and right for additional strength, next time maybe, It was an idea I thought I would try instead of the conventional belt loops I have done in the past.

Well Jordan you've out did your self again. Nice work on your holster. I just picked up an XD45 myself for duty and competition. I haven't had time to build a holster for that one yet.

Randy

Great looking holster!! Your work just keeps getting better and better. Your going to make the big guys sit up and take notice. You have made some innovative designs that should be a big hit with gun owners.

John

Moving this to "Show Off", Jordan. I'll put it back in "holsters, slings and sheathes" in a couple weeks.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Johanna

Wowzers, I'm movin on up! Thanks...Jordan LOL

A couple of photos of the holster on with a blue gun (actually I ordered the black ones)...Jordan

XD45_1.JPG

XD45_2.JPG

post-4868-1208186354_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1208186402_thumb.jpg

That hugs real good Jordan. Great job.