I might be a little bit ambitious, I'am trying to learn :drawing, carving, stitching, coloring ,etc all at the same time.

The result are far from perfect.

This is a case for a blackberry I made.

It's made from scrap veg-tan leather ,that's why the symmetry is not perfect.

The stitching is made with a speedy stitcher.

First experiment with gel antique.

The clip came from a old blackberry case, so it respect the minimal distance between the device and the body.

All constructive critique are welcome, my goal is to improve

P1010310.JPG

P1010311.JPG

post-11193-126728566159_thumb.jpg

post-11193-126728567473_thumb.jpg

Hi Yan;;

I never have learned to use the speedy stitcher????hand sewing takes time to learn;; I do like the finish you came up with ,,,

not to bad for your first one Yan,,,keep working and learning and show us your progress ....Doc...

Yan i would get rid of the speedy sticher and learn to sew with 2 needles. The speedy sticher makes a chain stich that can unravel if a stich breaks. Yan you can make patterns out of poster board or file folders first to see if the pattern will work then if you make a mistake you haven't ruined a piece of leather.

Yan, I agree with dirtclod 100%. I am a newby with leather myself, and still struggling with stitching ( and I might add everything else) but I have noticed in myself, a lot of improvement with not a whole lot of practice...I also love the challenge of trying to get my stitching as perfect as I can get it. Keep at it and best of wishes with leather!