Sign in to follow this  
rgerbitz

Pricing Question

Finished making this for my wife today and was wondering what you all would think would be a fair price for a piece like this. It has a 1/2 inch 20 strand body with a roo nose and heel.

Thank you

Rob

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

I think you'd get a better price for it than GH's stuff. Take a gander at her site and her stuff and add $200.00, or more to yours. The quality of your work is way, way, way, way, way better than hers.

Rob not sure send it out to me and I will test it for you and let you know. :devil::devil: Looks great Rob get all you can.

Mark

Finished making this for my wife today and was wondering what you all would think would be a fair price for a piece like this. It has a 1/2 inch 20 strand body with a roo nose and heel.

Thank you

Rob

Gday Rob

Since its for the little lady mate i think you should give it to her !! thats is a very nice looking piece mate , what sort of core did you use ?

Cheers from down under

Bevan

Edited by Bevan

Thanks for the compliments, Bevan I used a twistied rawhide core in that one, and she is getting it as a gift. I have another one in the works that will be similar to it and am trying to figure what to charge. I was thinking about $350, but a few people have told me that I am to cheap.

Hey Mark I was thinking that something that looks like that but smaller would make a nice bosalita, what do you think?

Thanks for the compliments, Bevan I used a twistied rawhide core in that one, and she is getting it as a gift. I have another one in the works that will be similar to it and am trying to figure what to charge. I was thinking about $350, but a few people have told me that I am to cheap.

Hey Mark I was thinking that something that looks like that but smaller would make a nice bosalita, what do you think?

Rob

That looks like it would work nice to me. I think you will sell it at 350.00 but I think you should set the price at 400.00 at least.

Mark

Rodger,It looks great to me,I have some in my shop that are comparable to yours that I have 375 on and they sell.I think put 425 on it and you can always come down.

Steve

Rob

if you add a simple latigo hanger i am sure you will get the price you ask , $450 -$500 would be a good price , i know over here they sell for around that and yours are a fine looking piece too mate.

cheers

Bevan

ps how long is the nose button mate? just looking at how close the hanger would be to the horses eye !

Edited by Bevan

Thanks I like the direction this is heading.

Bevan, it has a 7 inch nose, it will just clear the eye on most horses. I tried it on a couple of ours to see how the knots lay on the nose and to see how close to the eye it got. It fits real nice.

Rob