Sign in to follow this  
TrustCommunicationConsent

Singer 328K

Any advice on how thick of leather this can sew and are parts still avliable for it?

Also somone mentioned a table with needle and thread sizes, where might I find one?

Edited by TrustCommunicationConsent

Any advice on how thick of leather this can sew and are parts still avliable for it?

Also somone mentioned a table with needle and thread sizes, where might I find one?

Here's our table with needle and thread sizes (in pdf format), you can download and print it out:

http://raphaelsewing.com/blogimg/techsew_ndl_thread_chart.pdf

As for parts, there are a number of posters on these boards that should have them.

Ron

Here's our table with needle and thread sizes (in pdf format), you can download and print it out:

http://raphaelsewing...hread_chart.pdf

As for parts, there are a number of posters on these boards that should have them.

Ron

thank you

I've worked on alot of this model over the yrs & they won't handle leather very good,they always seem to have a weak,slow running motor.

It is hard to change it too.Look for the old black Singers w/a small can type motor & the bobbin goes in underneath,these will sew someleather & take 46 & even # 69 thread.

I've worked on alot of this model over the yrs & they won't handle leather very good,they always seem to have a weak,slow running motor.

It is hard to change it too.Look for the old black Singers w/a small can type motor & the bobbin goes in underneath,these will sew someleather & take 46 & even # 69 thread.

Thank you very much, I will pass it by and find one that is dependable. I do not have any preference on who makes them just want something that I can sew leather up to a max of about 1/4".

I just bought a used Singer 328K... Does anyone have a downloadable owners manula for this..Or know of a place that I can get a manula..

thanks

kel