Kanga

sheowahya Marilyn!!

Are you in Australia yet? Let us know when you get here. Hope all goes well.

Linda in the Yarra Valley

anyone know if she's moved over here yet? Hope it's all going well for her.

:trumpet:

HERE I AM!!!

I landed in Melbourne on April 17 as scheduled.

I am having trouble adjusting to "Aussie Time"

Where I come from, a New York minute happens in 2 seconds flat,

things here move just a tad bit slower :rofl:

I spent the first three weeks touring around Victoria to get a feel of all the regions.

Now I think I've decided that I want to settle somewhere in the Gippsland region.

I'm staying in the Warragul area and am trying to build my new life.

My container has cleared customs/quarantine.

I had several WIPs (works in process) on my bench when I packed up,

so I took the chance and just packed everything. I fully expected quarantine

to charge me a fortune for treatments, or to destroy the lot. I am pleased to

report that they let everything in!! Now... all I need is a job and a home so I can

unpack and get back to work!!

It has been more than a month since I've done anything "crafty" and I'm going NUTS!!

:cheers:

Marilyn

What an adventure, Could you post some pics of your exploring? I don't get out much and love to see faraway places that aren't as if it's a TV travel show.

I fed my very first roo the other day!! I was SO excited, like a little kid the night before Christmas.

I had my camera with me, it was in my pocket. That's a safe place for it. Unfortunately, it doesn't take very good pictures when in ones pocket.

I have to get better at taking the camera with me and then remembering to use it.

Once I'm settled in and have a real home, I'll get out more and I'll be sure to post pictures.

I've started an Australia album on my Webshots page (link below where is says my pictures HERE) but it's still empty :head_hurts_kr:

Right now pictures would mostly consist of cows out to pasture. I'm out in farm country and it is INCREDIBLY beautiful here!!

Cheers

Marilyn

I fed my very first roo the other day!! I was SO excited, like a little kid the night before Christmas.

I had my camera with me, it was in my pocket. That's a safe place for it. Unfortunately, it doesn't take very good pictures when in ones pocket.

I have to get better at taking the camera with me and then remembering to use it.

Once I'm settled in and have a real home, I'll get out more and I'll be sure to post pictures.

I've started an Australia album on my Webshots page (link below where is says my pictures HERE) but it's still empty :head_hurts_kr:

Right now pictures would mostly consist of cows out to pasture. I'm out in farm country and it is INCREDIBLY beautiful here!!

Cheers

Marilyn

Instead of feeding 'roo you should be feeding off them, they're good to eat! Welcome to Australia, Marilyn, it's not too bad a place to live.

Tony.

welcome to the land downunder....just in time for winter!!!

Welcome to Australia. Now you have to make the most important life decision of all.

WHAT FOOTY TEAM ARE YOU GOING TO "BARRACK" for (support)

Barra

I have heard it is Cherryl McIntyre.

Barra

Welcome to Australia. Now you have to make the most important life decision of all.

WHAT FOOTY TEAM ARE YOU GOING TO "BARRACK" for (support)

Barra

Richmond Tigers

For the sake of household happiness and until I am educated enough to have a personal favourite.

Thank goodness my partner isn't a HUGE sports fan, just a BIG one :rolleyes:

If that's the most important decision I have to make, then I've got it made!!!!

and here I am fretting over what job to take and where to live.

silly me... I've been worried about all the wrong stuff.

Marilyn

Good on ya.

Go the tigers

Barra

:trumpet:

HERE I AM!!!

I landed in Melbourne on April 17 as scheduled.

I am having trouble adjusting to "Aussie Time"

Where I come from, a New York minute happens in 2 seconds flat,

things here move just a tad bit slower :rofl:

I spent the first three weeks touring around Victoria to get a feel of all the regions.

Now I think I've decided that I want to settle somewhere in the Gippsland region.

I'm staying in the Warragul area and am trying to build my new life.

My container has cleared customs/quarantine.

I had several WIPs (works in process) on my bench when I packed up,

so I took the chance and just packed everything. I fully expected quarantine

to charge me a fortune for treatments, or to destroy the lot. I am pleased to

report that they let everything in!! Now... all I need is a job and a home so I can

unpack and get back to work!!

It has been more than a month since I've done anything "crafty" and I'm going NUTS!!

Marilyn

Welcome to OZ Marilyn though if you think Melbourne is slow you'll probably fall asleep if you ever make it over to Perth, good to hear you have your footy team sorted out and thankfully it's not Collingwood, don't mind the tigers considering my team is utter crap this year (West Coast Eagles)

You will find there aren't many leather shops in OZ but there are a couple of good ones in Vic so your in luck there.

Cheers,

Clair

Oh, I've just found this thread, glad you made it. I notice I wrote the post on the exact day you landed, flukey!

I used to live in Gippsland, it's a beautiful part of the world plenty of rain and mud in the winter though. I lived in Narracan, just out of Trafalgar for a year or two. overall I was in Gippsland for about 6 years. Have you taken yourself for a day trip to Walhalla yet? It's very pretty. Also you need to get down to Wilsons Prom for a weekend.

I am about an hour and a half from you.

That's great that your stuff is all through, hope you can settle in soon and find work. Good luck. I really hope you are happy here.

Linda