THein

English Headstall Hardware

I'm looking for hardware I understand is used on some English headstalls. They are a sort of hook used where the loop of the cheek piece fastens back after going through the bit. No buckle, screw, or tie is used. I've never seen the exact thing but saw an old rifle sling with a similar piece used to secure the ends. This is confusing but if anyone knows about these, and where to get them, let me know.

Windmill Saddle Supply in Ohio has them, sorry but I'm at home and don't have contact info here. Do not buy the ones Weaver's have if you'tre looking for the real thing, their's are about three times too big. The idea of the stud is to get the look of a sewn in bridle while still being able to change bits and reins easily.

Kevin

How many are you looking for?

How many are you looking for?

Thanks for the info. I've got an order for one headstall, so not very many! I'm supposed to pick up the example headstall today. I'm guessing there's two on each cheek piece. Likely the shipping will be more than the hardware. I'll check out the links. Not sure I'm doing this reply right but you gotta start somewhere.

Thanks Again,

Terry

I know these hooks as Pelham hooks. There is only one hook per cheek piece and is placed centrally between the billet loops. The other end of the cheek has a buckle for attachment to the head.

Barra

Click on my name to view my profile then select 'send message'- called a private message, or PM- and send me your mailing address. Ray sent me more than I needed at the time so I'll pay it forward, and send you some.

Click on my name to view my profile then select 'send message'- called a private message, or PM- and send me your mailing address. Ray sent me more than I needed at the time so I'll pay it forward, and send you some.

Mike,

I got the package in yesterday's mail. Thanks a bunch for the help.

Terry