I need to take 2" off of a dual layered gun belt. I know it should be taken off from the buckle end but is there a proper way to do it ?

The only way I can see to do it is to cut 2" off of the inside strap being very careful not to cut the outer strap and remove the thread (which is a pain) and fold it over. Repunch the two chicago screw holes and repunch the belt tongue slot. Then cut off 2" from the very end. Fold the end over and you have it.

But then you have the 1st belt tongue slot showing on the fold.

Is there a better way ? Thanks for your help.

I need to take 2" off of a dual layered gun belt. I know it should be taken off from the buckle end but is there a proper way to do it ?

The only way I can see to do it is to cut 2" off of the inside strap being very careful not to cut the outer strap and remove the thread (which is a pain) and fold it over. Repunch the two chicago screw holes and repunch the belt tongue slot. Then cut off 2" from the very end. Fold the end over and you have it.

But then you have the 1st belt tongue slot showing on the fold.

Is there a better way ? Thanks for your help.

A PHOTO WOULD BE MOST HELPFUL........

Luke,

I started to post a pic but realized the kids broke my camera over the Holidays.

The project is just a two layered gunbelt (glued & then sewn). You cannot shorten it from the tip end so the buckle end is the only way I can go. I just thought there might be a better way to skin this cat.

Luke,

I started to post a pic but realized the kids broke my camera over the Holidays.

The project is just a two layered gunbelt (glued & then sewn). You cannot shorten it from the tip end so the buckle end is the only way I can go. I just thought there might be a better way to skin this cat.

NOTHING IS EASY..... yes you are on the right track........

Luke,

Thanks for your input. I was hoping there was a way so that the 1st buckle tongue would not show.

Luke,

Thanks for your input. I was hoping there was a way so that the 1st buckle tongue would not show.

If I understad your question properly, you could cut some more stitches, separate the two layers and then slip the tail end with the old buckle slot between the layers.

Dan

Luke,

Not really. Cutting at the buckle end is a good way compared to the tip end. At least the buckle end will hide the slot when it is being worn, unlike the tip end which will always show the stitch holes around the border.

I've wondered about ways to adjust a double layer belt and haven't found a way. When I've made a mistake in the measurements I'll just set the belt aside and build an all new one. I'll sell the first belt at a later date.

Shorts,

Thanks for your reply. You are correct - the length of the belt is sometimes a pain. I measure the length to include the buckle and round bucklet are alittle longer than square. So we do miss this length from time to time.

Have a good week.

How about cut the end off and sew a new billet on in the fashion of a ranger belt? If you had two you could cut back both ends and sew a chape and billet on in the ranger style.

Now that I think about it, it might be a silly idea. You would not have the over lap behind the billet and chape. It could be done with a little thought.