Sign in to follow this  
Cowboy316

Golf Ball Hail

howdy gang

late last night was the scariest night of my life we had golf ball sized hail severe lightning and tornado watches most the night

ive never seen hail so big in my life luckly no damage to any property of ours thank God

here are some pics

Cowboy316

1 Hail June 9th 2010 10-11 PM.jpg

2 Hail June 9th 2010 10-11 PM.jpg

3 Hail June 9th 2010 10-11 PM.jpg

4 Hail June 9th 2010 10-11 PM.jpg

post-9589-127620957831_thumb.jpg

post-9589-127620961368_thumb.jpg

post-9589-127620963537_thumb.jpg

post-9589-127620967377_thumb.jpg

NO property damage?^%#^*^#@$^$^!!!

To all LW.net ... Cowboy316 now renamed Lucky001.

About 100 years ago when I did some contracting, we roofed 9 of the 10 houses on that one block due to damage from 1.75" hail. The only house on the block NOT approved for insurance damage claim was the one right in the middle of the block! All the houses around her looked like swiss cheese.

Storms do strange things sometimes. Told that lady 3 times I couldn't really stand there and argue with her insurance adjuster, who claimed she didn't have hail damage, because he wass right -- there wasn't any. Instead of being happy she didn't need it ... she was quite angry. She WANTED a new roof, and she wanted the insurance company to pay for it. Didn't happen.

howdy gang

late last night was the scariest night of my life we had golf ball sized hail severe lightning and tornado watches most the night

ive never seen hail so big in my life luckly no damage to any property of ours thank God

here are some pics

Cowboy316

That ain't no fun for sure. That happens here in Texas a couple of times each year. About three years ago we got soft ball size hail. I have a friend that had one go all the way through the roof. Glad nothing was damaged.

Glad you escaped undamaged!

A few years ago, we had softball sized hail here, along with a few tornadoes. The car dealerships had some pretty good sales after! :)

We were in a storm like that about 18? years ago. We lived 10 miles NW of town. We got it. Town got it. 10 miles SE of town got it. It rumbled for at least 2 hours before anything came. The the clouds didn't move - just circled. Pretty scary. It was in September/October as I recall and I don't know how many roofing companies were working overtime for weeks trying to get everything re-roofed before the snow came. Since we didn't own property, the only damage we had was to our truck - replace the roof, replace the hood, replace one side...

this is me after the hail storm passed. We were at a Rendouvo near Gallatin Tn.

the white spots at the bottom of the photo are hail stones.

Luke in Hail storm.jpg

post-1906-12762259045_thumb.jpg

Hey Luke!

Did you ride that storm out in a TENT???

Mike

Hey Luke!

Did you ride that storm out in a TENT???

Mike

there were two of us in the tent that night ...a lot of rain.after day break it was said that we needed to go to the "Stone House" for the storm to pass. We made it 1/2 way when the Hail started comming down and went to my truck to ride it out. When the Hail quit we could see the Tornado about a 1/2 to the west of us when it touched down then it kept moving to the northeast. short time after that i was out of there.