woodenwallet.jpg

woodenwallet2.jpg

Close up of "grain"

woodenwallet3.jpg

woodenwaaletinterior.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Allen--Big Papa

HI Allen;;

Very nicely done man;;;I like this one a lot..it is just simply great ...like the colors and everthing about it .....well done ....Doc....

That is thinking out of the Box........... :red_bandana::jawdropper::notworthy:

The Popsicle comment was a joke. The size and relative shape of the carved wooden planks reminded me of the Fudge Bomb Popsicle sticks.

Allen--Big Papa

Oh - got it! You never know on this site. There are some amazing artists that can make something look like something else..

You sure did a nice job!

Ann

Very nice man!

Thanks for the comments guys (and gals).

I was kind of concerned about how it would turn out, being the first wood grain I have done.

All in all it turned out well.

I learned a bunch on this one. I orginally beveled the planks with a smooth beveler... Nope, not a good look.

I then remade it using a modeler to "smoosh" or round the cuts. The rest was cuts for the grain with a thin bladed swivel knife and I used a leaf liner for a bit of added texture and more subtle grain.

I shot a light coat of medium brown through the airbrush and put a couple darker planks and wood stains by re-shooting those areas. (same color just extra coats of dye)

I used RTC as a resist and a light coat of Coffee Brown antique as I did not want to accent the cuts too much.

Allen--Big Papa

Wow. That's really amazing. I can't beleive you did that with thin leather. I assume that's 4oz leather, maybe 6? Where did you get the liner? Is that a bandana or a silk pattern? That's really incredible, I love the skulls rivets. I really want to do something like this one day.

Mark Charke