craig09

Where Can I Find This Buckle?

Hi all-

Can anyone help with a source to get these belt buckles? I believe its called a quick release... Not sure if there are other terms to describe this type of buckle. Thanks in advance.

post-15925-12802404702_thumb.jpg

That is a quick release buckle, and I'm not sure where to get them other than eBay--maybe Ohio Travel Bag?

Thanks, I wasn't sure if there was another term I should be googling. I keep coming up with those cheapy plastic ones in my search...

I've been trying for months to track down this buckle, but in brass. I eventually found the manufacturer (http://www.fhtomkins.com/products.htm), but they were not prepared to sell me any because they said they were made for a particular customer!

I think they are known as firemen's buckles, so called because they were used years ago by US firefighters to strap up their firehoses.

If you have any better success at finding a supplier, please let me know!

post-7199-128024924135_thumb.jpg

I saw it on an Engineered Garments belt. I'm not sure if thats the same brand as the belt you posted, but it most likely is. Good work tracking down the manufacturer...

Its a very cool design. Have you found anything even similar to it?

I've never found anything remotely similar, and it's not for lack of trying! I'll keep looking from time to time, and perhaps it'll show up.

Wow. I've been searching for the same belt buckle as well. If you do find a source please do inform us :)

I've never found anything remotely similar, and it's not for lack of trying! I'll keep looking from time to time, and perhaps it'll show up.

I've been looking for 1 1/2" Brass & Nickels upgrades for months and nothing.

If I run across your buckle - I let you know.

How many are you looking for, and what width? My main interest is metal working (currently employed as a tool maker), so if you are looking for a quantity, it may be worth looking into making some..

I am looking for 1 1/2" or even 1" I am willing to setup a group buy with these guys if the numbers will be enough to have you make some

How many are you looking for, and what width? My main interest is metal working (currently employed as a tool maker), so if you are looking for a quantity, it may be worth looking into making some..

I am looking for 1 1/2" or even 1" I am willing to setup a group buy with these guys if the numbers will be enough to have you make some

I'm interested in some as well... 1.5" - 2"

I've been trying for months to track down this buckle, but in brass. I eventually found the manufacturer (http://www.fhtomkins.com/products.htm), but they were not prepared to sell me any because they said they were made for a particular customer!

I think they are known as firemen's buckles, so called because they were used years ago by US firefighters to strap up their firehoses.

If you have any better success at finding a supplier, please let me know!

Found the particular customer that FHTomkins was making them for...

http://www.timhardy.com/quick_release_belts.html

Hello,Have you found the buckle already?

Tell me the demension of it may be I could help to find some for you.

I am a hardware manufaturer for Guangdong China,and there are thousands of style buckles in the market alround us.

:)

has anyone found these belt buckles?

I almost forgot about this, but I still have not come up with one.... It appears the one I'm after is slightly more square overall, rather than upright rectangle shape....

1.5" size

Just bought two of them, we'll see how they are. I don't want to thread-jack but while we're on the topic of hard to find "buckles" I've got one that I CANNOT find and I really want one. The buckle on this bag has been eluding me for a while and I REALLY want one, any help would be great!

You might try a Harness Shop that carries a variety of buckles and clasp like this. You also might inquire with either Axelrod Company http://www.axelrodco.com or Ohio Travel bag Co. http://www.ohiotravelbag.com or Alibab.com http://www.alibaba.com I am certain if you advise them of the application this is used for and provide dimensions details they can find it for you.

I just got two of these buckles from the ebay link posted above. They feel a little flimsy and fall open quite easily. To be used on a classic men's belt with the buckle on the left side, the latch falls open too easily so the buckle will have to go on the right. But if that is the case then the little post that sticks through the hold of the folding latch part sticks up and might be a little uncomfortable to the belly. If you're using it for something else it might work just fine though.