Sign in to follow this  
royslsbry

Son's Calf Riding Chaps

Here some chaps I just finished for my son. I worked all day yesterday to finish them. He had his old ones stomped off of him this week. So I rushed to make a new pair for last nights rodeo, but I was unable to finish them. He begged me to take them to the rodeo and finish them on the tail gate of the truck. He had to wear some old ones that were to short, and was very unhappy about that, but he did win the calf riding last night.He is in first place for the season and hasn't had a buck off this year at this rodeo. He needs some sponsors if anyone is interested. He is very happy he is going to get to wear his new ones tonight hope he wins tonight also. This is the first thing I have posted here hope you all like them.

post-16492-013610400 1284830203_thumb.jp

post-16492-034707900 1284830217_thumb.jp

post-16492-049998400 1284830231_thumb.jp

post-16492-018318000 1284830244_thumb.jp

post-16492-045862000 1284830895_thumb.jp

very cute...i like the combo of the hair on and metallic

thanks

very cute...i like the combo of the hair on and metallic

Edited by royslsbry

fantastic! Iam so jealouse - this is something I want to learn to do......:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Good work. I bet he's proud of 'em. Now the real question....did he get to the whistle? He looks like he has a pretty good seat on that one. Tell him to ride hard and run fast!!

He did ride out and won sat also. He is perfect no buck offs for the season at this rodeo and the finals is in 2 weeks so no one can catch him. Hes going to be this years calf riding champion. And he is also leading in the all around and no one can catch him so he'll be the 2010 junior all around cowboy. For every rodeo association he rides he's in the 1st place. He has bucked 50 calves for this year and only has bucked off 8 head. So he really deserved those chaps. I'm very proud of him.

Good work. I bet he's proud of 'em. Now the real question....did he get to the whistle? He looks like he has a pretty good seat on that one. Tell him to ride hard and run fast!!

Dadgum......sounds like he's a bit on the handy side. Good for him. I'm a rodeo dad as well. My son is 17, and after beginning his career as a calf/steer rider, he now just ropes calves and steers. He had a bad wreck when he was 7 and I took his bullrope away from him!! But the transition was good and he wins a bunch in the roping. Anyway, tell you son congratulations and to keep up the good work.

Thanks. He's always been quite the hand. We live in N.C. where J B Mauney and Brian Canter grew up. They were teenagers when he started riding sheep. By watching them ride steers and bulls and seeing where they are at now has influenced him. One day I believe he'll be the next great PBR rider from N.C. So keep a eye on the TV for him and maybe I'll be there making chaps for the PBR riders then. He could really use some sponsors if anyone is interested..

Edited by royslsbry

Great chaps ,

I guess your son is very happy with his dad.