I made this colour chart for Angelus dyes and thought some others might find it useful, they are full strength applied by a brush with no finish. First chip is the natural leather I used, I've colour matched as close as possible to my screens but yours might still look different compared to the colour chips found elsewhere. Yes they are all on the dark side you really do need to reduce them to get nice shades, orange and tan are very similiar and there isn't much difference in the light blue and blue.

Cheers,

Clair

post-4562-087106200 1287397994_thumb.jpg

Edited by cem

thanks clair

Your welcome roo, I will probably be doing a chart for Birdsall dyes as well in the next couple of days, I'd done one before but this side is alot lighter than the last one I bought.

Cheers,

Clair

thank you for the chart. i recently saw a lot of the non-standard colors in-person (without samples) and was concerned about buying some of the colors without seeing prior 'real-world' samples... so... :You_Rock_Emoticon:

eric

How does Angelus's black compare to the Fiebing's Pro Oil black in this pic?

4487080738_8827e38692_o.jpg

I'm making some black armbands. So, I had been looking at using Fiebing's prep dye and Pro Oil black dye. And had been looking for a satin sealer. How does Angelus's acrylic sealer compare to Fiebing's resolene?

These armbands will have to bend as they will be tied off on the inside of the forearm using grommets.

Edited by jasonsmith

Jason Smith:

Those knife sheaths are awesome looking. Really like the attention to detail on the stitching, and shape. What color and brand of dye did you use on the one 3 from right [light brown/tan]? I love that color.