Studio-N

1 %er Stamp

This was a customer request. If you want to know what a 1%er is, just do a google search. Otherwise it's a secret. :red_bandana:

Edited by Studio-N

The One Percenter originally came from a comment by the American Motorcyclists Assoc. who said 99% of bikers were responsible law abiding citizens. In the 80s, it was drug slang. The Outlaws (a motorcycle "gang") picked it up in the 90s. Disclaimer: I don't wear colors- I don't mind doing club work. I have nothing against any of the "gangs". I work for individuals. However the Outlaws developed a special reputation I find repugnant, and it's best summed up in this quote from Wikipedia.

One-percenter MCs (OMCs) do not allow women to become full-patch members, rather, women are submissive to the men, treated as property, victimized by being forced into prostitution or street-level drug trafficking, and often physically and sexually abused. Any pay women receive is given to their individual men and sometimes to the entire club

I won't work for homophobes, misogynists or skinheads. If you lie down with dogs, you get fleas.

Johanna

The One Percenter originally came from a comment by the American Motorcyclists Assoc. who said 99% of bikers were responsible law abiding citizens. In the 80s, it was drug slang. The Outlaws (a motorcycle "gang") picked it up in the 90s. Disclaimer: I don't wear colors- I don't mind doing club work. I have nothing against any of the "gangs". I work for individuals. However the Outlaws developed a special reputation I find repugnant, and it's best summed up in this quote from Wikipedia.

I won't work for homophobes, misogynists or skinheads. If you lie down with dogs, you get fleas.

Johanna

AMEN, HONEY!!!!

ferg

I prefer 1*

Well put Johanna!! My Grandmother said that to me{If you lie down with dogs, you get fleas} when I was a kid. There is alot of truth to that saying.

Johanna

16.gif Here here!

I took it to refer to the Bush Administration's terrorism response as described in Ron Suskind's book.