moeg

Unsatisfied With Tandy Snaps

Hi guys,

I've been having a lot of problems with the Tandy snaps not staying on. The posts seem to curl in properly, and it looks good at first but they tend to not last very long if they get used daily. Where do you get your snaps (especially you handgun holster makers).

Thanks, Moe.

Hi Moe

Im new here but I used to have the same problem. I went to Tandy and asked. The ladies are extremely knowlegeable here in Spokane.

After hitting the snap straight down, angle your setter with short taps all around. This gives it a "wider curl". Lastly hit a hard hit straight down again. Double check the snap by trying to "twist" it with your fingers. Make sure it doesnt spin. If it does, keep at the "taps and slams" hope this helps!

Kate C

Hi guys,

I've been having a lot of problems with the Tandy snaps not staying on. The posts seem to curl in properly, and it looks good at first but they tend to not last very long if they get used daily. Where do you get your snaps (especially you handgun holster makers).

Thanks, Moe.

Thanks for the information Kate, I'll try it out,

Moe.

Ohio travel Bag has better quality snaps.

Ohio travel Bag has better quality snaps.

Do a search for solid brass snaps on e-bay.one of the major players on there( cant remember the name) has a very extensive supply.Bought some myself and they work very well and they set beautifully.They come in a variety of colors too.

Do a search for solid brass snaps on e-bay.one of the major players on there( cant remember the name) has a very extensive supply.Bought some myself and they work very well and they set beautifully.They come in a variety of colors too.

also when you buy the new snaps get THE STAINLESS STEEL ONES.................

Thanks for the info to all of you. I have all kinds of problems setting the Line 24 snaps. I have 9 shell holders to make in the next week so I will be tryin ga new technique.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll try an ebay search.

This website has some military snaps, 100 pcs for 24 dollars, but the shipping to Canada would be an extra 23.00 That isn't worth it for me right now. If someone decides to order them would you let us know how they work?

http://www.grommetmart.com/index.cfm/product/639_205/24-ligne-15mm-heavy-duty-army-snaps-nickel.cfm

Moe.