HideShop

7 Ring Snap Ring Hardware

I am looking for a source for 7 ring snap ring hardware for day planners. Any help would be appreciated

Richard

I am looking for a source for 7 ring snap ring hardware for day planners. Any help would be appreciated

Richard

springfield leather, they advertise on this board.

Already tried Springfield and they couldn't help

Has anyone got any other Ideas

Are you making this for fun or is there an order that you are filling?

The reason that I asked is because a year or so ago I was going to make one for a gift. I gave up after trying to find the paper notes/calendars to put in it. I went to every store, office supply, etc and couldn't find any.

The owners said that because of blackberrys, I phones, etc they quit making "day planner" inserts. No demand any longer.

You might have better luck

pete

Richard

Hi Richard

Try US Ring Binder Corp. or Koloman Handler in Austria, will revert with more details in 2/3 days

Hope it works !

Thanks for the help everyone but I just keep striking out. Maybe they are a thing of the past

Richard

Sounds like they are going the way of the LP, cassette, and the CD. New technology making them less attractive. Looks like the MP3 players are killing the CD which killed of the Cassette, which killed off the LP, etc..................

I was given a day planner at the last place I worked, and hated it. I usually left it on my desk. It was a pain for me to drag that thing around everywhere. I can see where a smart phone type device would be so much more desirable. The only advantage the day planner has is no batteries to go dead.

If you really want one, go to a thrift store, and see if they have one that you can part out.

Edited by BIGGUNDOCTOR

Sounds like they are going the way of the LP, cassette, and the CD. New technology making them less attractive. Looks like the MP3 players are killing the CD which killed of the Cassette, which killed off the LP, etc..................

I think the 8-track got killed in there somewhere too...

My customers are dinosaurs. I make several a year. I buy the planners at places like department stores or office supply stores. I shop around and it is less expensive to buy them made up than to buy the inserts. I drill out the rivets and use the clip from them. The hardest ones to find right now are the ones that take 8-1/2x11 inserts, but Staples came through for me.

Ohio Travel Bag is a source for clips too.

I think the 8-track got killed in there somewhere too...

My folks 81 Caddy, and a friends 84 F250 had factory 8-tracks in them. I had the folks get the dealer to swap it out for a cassette deck when they first brought the car home. I explained to them that the only place they could buy an 8-track was at the flea market.

I have a guild member who had a crap load of these for an order that fell through. I will hopefully see her tonight to confirm; if so, I will send you a number for contact if you are still looking for these items.

Good luck.