Sign in to follow this  
Chief31794

Wife Needed A New Purse

My wife has worn out the original purse I made her years ago, she has to have a LARGE one. This one measures ~16" accross the widest point with a 12" wide opening at the top, the gussetts are 5" wide. I used 6/7 oz leather and pig skin liner. There are places where my wing dividers torqued off line, I need a new pair, it is personal for home so I left it and didn't replace the leather and start over. Had it of been for someone else I would have, this is mostly utilitarian as opposed to "Purty". This was the first time I used Round Braid on a purse but the seams were so wide I didn't thnk double loop would cover very well. Still have to improve my floral carving, particularly on the swivel knife cuts.

Ken

post-6362-043255900 1290863911_thumb.jpg

post-6362-031448800 1290863913_thumb.jpg

post-6362-026313200 1290863914_thumb.jpg

post-6362-051185900 1290863915_thumb.jpg

Looks great!

Nice job! The braiding was the first thing I noticed because it is so nicely done. I'm sure your wife is very pleased.

PANTHER

Thanks, She likes it, but she likes her old one better. It is completely worn out but she keeps dragging it around. Thanks for the nice comments. I love doing leather work, but I ain't no Al Stohlman. I'm more of a Guitar, Banjo, Dobro, Bass strap and belt maker. This purse took me a little over a week in my spare time and the braiding took forever, I think I calculated there is about 20 - 25 yards of lace in the thing.

Ken

Thanks, She likes it, but she likes her old one better. It is completely worn out but she keeps dragging it around. Thanks for the nice comments. I love doing leather work, but I ain't no Al Stohlman. I'm more of a Guitar, Banjo, Dobro, Bass strap and belt maker. This purse took me a little over a week in my spare time and the braiding took forever, I think I calculated there is about 20 - 25 yards of lace in the thing.

Ken

You see my dress sporran? I must have put 4 yards of lace into that thing! That kind of lacing takes a lot of time to do, and it takes a ton of lace!! That lacing looks great- nice and tight. The whole thing overall is excellent. I made a new strap for my mothers purse... It will outlast the purse itself! Funny how that happens, ain't it?