These pictures are terrible, and don't really do it justice, but I wanted to post them anyway because it's been a while since I posted anything. I made this as a birthday present for my fiance's Dad, who like me is a diabetic. We both use the same glucose meter from walmart and so I had everything on hand to work out the size. So I whipped this up for him tonight. Hope he likes it.

post-15942-069618800 1291180521_thumb.jp

post-15942-026032200 1291180531_thumb.jp

post-15942-078367300 1291180542_thumb.jp

post-15942-001135800 1291180551_thumb.jp

post-15942-073239600 1291180563_thumb.jp

post-15942-034046100 1291180571_thumb.jp

Nice job !! He's gonna like for sure.

Thanks. I still consider myself a beginner, so it's always encouraging to hear comments like that.

Chris

Nice job Chris! Thats a great idea. My son is diabetic and he would love it if it had tanks on it or make from a camo leather. :thumbsup:

That looks great ! I would like to see some pics of the inside as well. I am Dietbetic myself and have always considered making one of these too!

That looks great ! I would like to see some pics of the inside as well. I am Dietbetic myself and have always considered making one of these too!

I really didn't do anything to the inside other than apply some gum tragacanth to make it smooth. I didn't dye it or put in any kind of liner. Part of the reason for this is while I designed it to fit his diabetic meter and such he may very well find another use for it entirely, whether that might be holding tools or supplies for bowhunting, etc. So I didn't really go all out on the inside.. I was thinking that I might make some and put them on my etsy page since it was patterned to hold the ReliOn test strip container, micro meter, and lancet, and still have enough room for some additional items, like extra lancets and alcohol swabs.

Chris

Nice job Chris! Thats a great idea. My son is diabetic and he would love it if it had tanks on it or make from a camo leather. :thumbsup:

I don't know about camo leather, but you could definately decorate it up nice, there's lots of flat spaces, at least on the one I made. My intention was to make myself one as well, but it's so much more enjoyable making things for other people and seeing how much they like them. I just got an email from my future mother in law and she said he loved it and that he was already using it. hahaha

Chris

post-15942-037676000 1291241395_thumb.jp