I found Kate's pattern for this, and wanted to try it.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=20414&st=0&p=131942&hl="biker%20wallet%20pattern"&fromsearch=1entry131942

Here's my attempt. Outside is horsehide, inside is 2-3oz cowhide. Montana basketweave pattern. There was quite a bit of handstiching involved in this wallet, and it came out pretty thick empty. As always feedback is welcome.

post-7753-050595300 1292078242_thumb.jpg

post-7753-075616700 1292078255_thumb.jpg

post-7753-056440400 1292078267_thumb.jpg

I'm quite tickled with this! Nice job! Cant wait to see more!

Here's my attempt. Outside is horsehide, inside is 2-3oz cowhide. Montana basketweave pattern. There was quite a bit of handstiching involved in this wallet, and it came out pretty thick empty. As always feedback is welcome.

Turned out great for the first one, Adam. It functions, and it's going to last you a while. My first one was a total disaster - ha! On my first one I used some of my regular veg-tan that I split down to a little over 3oz, and even that was a little thicker than I wanted it, so now I just use calfskin or goatskin, which I get at around 2-3oz.

Good job getting the zipper pouch put together right, and I really like the tooling you chose for it, too.

Kate

Thanks for the feedback! I actually did this one just to see how it would come out. It came out so well I am going to do one for myself. Great pattern, and a nice wallet. The horse hide is probably about 6oz, and the insides are about 2oz. All veg tan. It should hold up really well.

Nice looking wallet!! I like the "Montana Basketweave" .