KnotHead

Braiding From Spain...

Slow down, everyone - no running with scissors on Leatherworker! I'm not a braider so the technical parts of this thread are completely over my head, but I think everyone missed some basic ground rules somewhere along the line. LW is here for people to voluntarily share their work and knowledge with others, to show the rest of the world what can be done with leather and, ultimately, to help people not need their day jobs if they don't want them. There are some incredible artists who show their work here, and while some share their techniques, others do not. Everyone is entitled to ask the questions and not be belittled for them, just as nobody is required to answer them. If people have figured out for themselves how to do something (whether or not others have figured it out in the past) and choose not to share their knowledge, that is their right. How much of this dispute is due to language differences and cultural differences is hard to tell, but it appears to have gone past that stage now. Name calling and putting others down is not tolerated here from anybody, in any language or any culture. This isn't kindergarten. Treating everyone with respect IS a requirement in this community. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Okay. So I'll be the first to say it. I apologize Miguel and to all the forum on LW.

Regards,

B...

Thanks, Brian. I sure appreciate your response.

Brian, we know from our respective online communities that every now and then we get one who just doesn't "get it". I do appreciate all the contributions you have made to braiding and teaching braiding and knots here and at KHWW. At least we know that what we do isn't for selfish reasons, and I'm glad you can let this incident roll off you like water on a duck's back. Leatherworker.net will always cooperate with KHWW because we pretty much have the same mission- education, entertainment and fellowship, right? I respect the way you gave the other fellow full credit for his work and practiced to learn it. I'm sorry that he didn't understand the compliment you paid him.

Johanna

Same here all. Well I think this one is now closed. So, Mod and Admin can delete when, or at their convenience.

Leatherworker.net will always cooperate with KHWW because we pretty much have the same mission- education, entertainment and fellowship, right? I respect the way you gave the other fellow full credit for his work and practiced to learn it. I'm sorry that he didn't understand the compliment you paid him.

As I would say back home. Dern Tooting... I have been buiding KHWW since 2002. I have always tried my best to offer and burn the mid-night oils to help anyone who had an interest. I will continue to do so.

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Brian...

yup......time to lock this bad dog up so we dont have to shoot it!...lol :rip_1:

Hello.

Еxcellent things you have shown.

Where can I find tutorial for this method of

well, this braid only is two braid of 8 strands, box pattern, sewn in the the middle in two sides, by argentine technique. it´s very simple and easy. zig-zag sewing. all begginer should know. it the very nice and elegant technique of all braider of Argentina.

you need one elastic leather, for example cow hide oil tanned, goat or little horse hide. the kangaroo is to much strong and not possible this way. Also need water mold, as the technique of leather mask, this part is more boring but more artistic, to tigthen the braid. In summary this is the technique:

1- two braid 8 strand box....

2- sewn two side.

3- water mold.

4- heat.

to give heat to the braid. To leave some hours near to fireplace or under sun in the summer. But the sun the shadows a bit. Also the strings have to be very very slim. 1 oz is right

miguelm Thank you for your response as well. Sharing knowledge like this is what Leatherworker is all about!

well, for my technique use to a variety of diferent materials of ecological origen always. ( bone, wood, wool grease....), not is only braiding. Almost of my braids are made with spnanish horsehide, also make little cowhide, snake, ostrich, and kangaroo. mix different techniques of saddle maker.... and use 3 cutter splitter diferent, and 3 cutter beveler different. depending of the job. don´t cut the skin in a circle, cut with scissor, but using them as blade like a tailor. and use strings of 1 oz and 1/22 inch for the knot and 1 oz 1/20 inch, 1/10inch for the braid....

Another important thing is make right, So I dedicate a minimum of six hours each knot. To make it perfect.

strands: I make a bevel 45 degree, after splitter after bevel 30 degree after again splitter.

soap: I usually do a mixture of oil ox and glicerin soap and wallnut oil, also sometimes ad to the mix cow fat.

http://www.secretosdelcuero.blogspot.com