Where can you get parts for making paddle holster, hardware to attache the paddle to a leather holster

example attached

post-11690-012452700 1293398043_thumb.jp

Where can you get parts for making paddle holster, hardware to attache the paddle to a leather holster

example attached

Txgunrunner,

I don't see why you couldn't use Chicago screws. They come in handy in a lot of uses. If it's a permanent use, put a dot of red Loc-tite on the post and its there forever. Semper-fi Mike

I have someone wanting a leather holster with a paddle as well but dont know where to obtain the paddel from. Im tinkering with the idea of making a wooden form and and using boiled leather to form the paddle. That stuff gets as hard as a rock when you get it hot enough. I ruined a nice holster to discover that :unsure:

FWIW, . . . I contacted Galco a couple years ago, . . . wanted to make myself another paddle, . . . their rep said they would sell me their plastic part for ten or twelve bucks. I thought about it, . . . decided against it.

You may want to contact them.

Stay away from the $20 jobs you find at cheap gun stores, gun shows, and flea markets. They break at the drop of a flea's hat.

May God bless,

Dwight

after not being able to find all that stuff myself i started making my own paddle systems using kydex, t-nuts, screws and washers. comes out really comfortable, and sturdy. the pics of some older styles i have done. instead of the squared off bulky looking stops you see on these paddles i now use a smaller, lower profile round cut (halk inch round punch piece) secured with a rivet. it is much cleaner looking.

Tony

post-10372-070159800 1293468335_thumb.jp

post-10372-034655700 1293468391_thumb.jp

post-10372-014908300 1293468408_thumb.jp

example attached

You can find Paddle parts here G-code I hope that this helps.

Jay

Knifekits.com has paddles

example attached

after not being able to find all that stuff myself i started making my own paddle systems using kydex, t-nuts, screws and washers. comes out really comfortable, and sturdy. the pics of some older styles i have done. instead of the squared off bulky looking stops you see on these paddles i now use a smaller, lower profile round cut (halk inch round punch piece) secured with a rivet. it is much cleaner looking.

Tony

Any concern on your part in regards to the heavy molding behind the trigger? Looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Any concern on your part in regards to the heavy molding behind the trigger? Looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

how do you mean?

how do you mean?

Ya I noticed it too but didnt say anything, being a noob and all.

But ya, it appears that the trigger would almost be actuated while inserting a gun into the holster you have pictured. Because of the molding behind the trigger, the "path" for the trigger is actually narrower than the trigger itself.

the trigger guard molding wasn't an issue with it. it is not as tight as it looks in the picture. the backside isn't as molded in and with the natural flex of the leather the gun fits in with a real nice soft "click" but nowhere near putting any kind of pressure on the trigger.

Tony

how do you mean?

Shooter there answered the question. But, I guess you didn't carve in behind the trigger as much as it looks. I'm just trying to look out for a fellow craftsman. I didn't want to see the topic of your next post being "Does anyone know a good lawyer?"

Shooter there answered the question. But, I guess you didn't carve in behind the trigger as much as it looks. I'm just trying to look out for a fellow craftsman. I didn't want to see the topic of your next post being "Does anyone know a good lawyer?"

hahaha i hear ya. that would suck.

Coincidentally I just received a paddle from knifekits.com. They are made by Bladetech and can also be purchased directly from Bladetech...for the same price as knifekits.com. They come with mounting hardware but I'll replace the threaded female part with a barbed T-nut.

Bronson