rickeyfro

Two West Coast Chopper Solos

Two West Coast Chopper solos, been getting alot of requests for these since Jesse closed up shop.

post-5441-056411600 1294257091_thumb.jpg

post-5441-051535300 1294257218_thumb.jpg

Edited by rickeyfro

Hey Rickey,

They both look sweet but the brick wall one came out top notch! Love it. :rockon:

Chris

Nice job Ricky!

I like the dark one too....very nice brick work!

Thanks Chris, I think that one came out pretty good too, Kinda tedious though.

Hey Rickey,

They both look sweet but the brick wall one came out top notch! Love it. :rockon:

Chris

Thanks Bob, always good to get a thumbs up from you

Nice job Ricky!

Roo, I wanna try and do another brick one with more of a real brick color, I ordered some from Angelus called "Brick"

I like the dark one too....very nice brick work!

Jesse James would be proud!

Very compliments... You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

a question, make holes for lacing, as calculated below with the above piece of skinbeing no foam?? are the same size??

thanks

Billio8

Edited by billio8

Billio Im not really understanding that question buddy

Very compliments... You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

a question, make holes for lacing, as calculated below with the above piece of skinbeing no foam?? are the same size??

thanks

Billio8

OK, my Engrish translating is a little rusty, but I will take a stab at this one. ;)

I think Billio is asking about the lacing layout (possibly got translated as calculated), and if there is a difference in size between the top, and bottom. Is there foam involved?

I cut the top leather 1/2 inch larger than the actual size of the pan, this is when using 3/4 inch foam, I then cut the bottom leather 3/4 inch larger than the top leather. Bottom leather is attached to pan, foam is shaped and then after tooling top leather is we formed over foam. Then I Barge cement the perimeter of the top to the perimeter of the bottom, after cement sets I then trim the bottom leather to meet the top and punch holes. Using 1/4 inch lace I space holes 1/4" apart and 1/4" in from the edge.

Those are top notch Rickey. Thank for sharing the lacing layout technique as well. What lacing pattern are those. I really dig the way the braid lays out and how it's in tight to the holes.

Also, what tyoe of foam are you using and where do you get it? I am having a hell of a time finding anything locally otehr than your typical fabric store foam thats waaay to soft.

Edited by FHL FERG

OK, my Engrish translating is a little rusty, but I will take a stab at this one. ;)

I think Billio is asking about the lacing layout (possibly got translated as calculated), and if there is a difference in size between the top, and bottom. Is there foam involved?

Hehehehe is not easy to explain what you want to ask evillaugh.gif

thanks for having explained it for menotworthy.gif

I cut the top leather 1/2 inch larger than the actual size of the pan, this is when using 3/4 inch foam, I then cut the bottom leather 3/4 inch larger than the top leather. Bottom leather is attached to pan, foam is shaped and then after tooling top leather is we formed over foam. Then I Barge cement the perimeter of the top to the perimeter of the bottom, after cement sets I then trim the bottom leather to meet the top and punch holes. Using 1/4 inch lace I space holes 1/4" apart and 1/4" in from the edge.

thanks for the explanation

excuseme.gif 3 / 4 inch foam is the thickness?

thancks

Billio8

Ferg thats a mexican round braid and I use high density closed cell neoprene, I order it online from a place called foam by mail, free shipping on orders of $75 and more

Those are top notch Rickey. Thank for sharing the lacing layout technique as well. What lacing pattern are those. I really dig the way the braid lays out and how it's in tight to the holes.

Also, what tyoe of foam are you using and where do you get it? I am having a hell of a time finding anything locally otehr than your typical fabric store foam thats waaay to soft.

Yes Billio foam is 3/4" thick high density closed cell neoprene

guote name='billio8' timestamp='1294699842' post='181187']

Hehehehe is not easy to explain what you want to ask evillaugh.gif

thanks for having explained it for menotworthy.gif

thanks for the explanation

excuseme.gif 3 / 4 inch foam is the thickness?

thancks

Billio8

Thanks again rickey. I will give them a look and see what I can find on the foam. I will have to find the details on that braid somewhere, it's not in my books.

Really surprised that no one has brought up trademark, or copyright infringement yet. That was the first question a biker coworker asked, when we were discussing JJ closing up shop today, and I mentioned your seats.

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw them! But they are very nice

Really surprised that no one has brought up trademark, or copyright infringement yet. That was the first question a biker coworker asked, when we were discussing JJ closing up shop today, and I mentioned your seats.