Sign in to follow this  
tonyc1

The yanks have arrived

I know it's nothing to do with leather but we have a US carrier in port for the weekend. We have the USS Tarawa's crew in town and I think there will be a lot of happy girls around as well as business houses as it is estimated they'll spend $ 6 million in the state.

Tony.

we had a carrier in port a few weeks ago, it was open to the public so i took the kids for a look. the line was soooooo long that we gave up and went for an ice cream instead.

A little news story from Sydney a while ago. The local madams had petitioned the US Navy to stagger the arrival of ships. Claimed the girls were threatening to strike having to work so many 18 hour days in a row.

A little news story from Sydney a while ago. The local madams had petitioned the US Navy to stagger the arrival of ships. Claimed the girls were threatening to strike having to work so many 18 hour days in a row.

Yes, it was in our paper that interstate "Ladies" were flying in to bolster the number of girls available here locally! The ship doesn't leave 'til Tuesday and then the "Ladies" will need some R & R to recover and go to the bank.

Tony.

Did you say the Yaks have arrived???