BAD HIDE

Portfolio Album

I've been meaning to make a cover for a tattoo portfolio for a while, just never got around to it and my little Walgreens album was looking pretty ragged on the outside. I ripped it apart, took the stiffeners and interior out - 'cuz it was still in good shape, and set about making a proper album. I did something a little different with the finish, I dyed it black, then rubbed silver paint on as an antique and rubbed it off, leaving it mostly in the crevices. It gave it a nice look.

post-15132-037758300 1297820643_thumb.jp

post-15132-077545700 1297820651_thumb.jp

post-15132-049234000 1297820661_thumb.jp

Edited by BAD HIDE

I like the finish. Very nice. Handstitched? or machine?

Badhide, how did you get that finish? I love the grey wash look and want something simiular on a back patch I am working on. That rocks. Did you wait until it was almost dry before you buffed it off?

Edited by tg lucas

Badhide, how did you get that finish? I love the grey wash look and want something simiular on a back patch I am working on. That rocks. Did you wait until it was almost dry before you buffed it off?

Nope, it's acrylic paint, so it dries really fast. I actually was wetting the rag I was wiping with to clean it off better. If you look at the top front, I actually tried to do too big of a swath and it ended up more silver than the rest of it because I didn't wipe it fast enough.

And WV, it's handstitched. I don't have a sewing machine. One of these days, yeah, but for now it's all by hand.

Looks great. Like the closure strap on there. John

Looks great. Like the closure strap on there. John

^______________________^ agree, and I like the basket weave. I have done a little bit of it, and just cant get it good. I'm considering it could be the tool, not blaming the tool, just saying. but yours looks like it should.

Love the color,and tooling design. Nicely done and looks very sturdy. What weight of leather did you use.

specool.gif