I know i've seen the most fantastic rope edge belt in the world, on this forum sometime in the last two years. I cibitzed a lot before joining!

Cannot find it now.

Please send me in the right direction. I have a customer for something i do not know how to make. Nice problem. Get to do something new! I'll keep the first one, usually do. LOL

http://leatherworker...=1

Looks like just wrapping steel lace if you can find a supplier for the right size.

Yes it is. Deb already gave me a pm and is helping with my project. what a great forum!

Thanks for the help jack.

I love that look, where can I find a tutorial on how to do that?

The Instructions on doing this belt are from a Sheet called Grand Chapion Belt Ideas that was written by George Hurst and put out in 1987 by Tandy. There is also a VHS Video that was put out by Hidecrafters also by George Hurst. I don't know if the videos are still available now that Geoge is back with Tandy or not.

During my search, I contacted Jim Vilwock, who was also conferring with Jim Linnell and George Hurst. They all remembered the lacing, but could not remember who the supplier was. They were very helpful in trying to think of other suppliers to check with. I have checked out all the sources they came up with and still find only the wider lacing.

I did find an old package of the lacing from The Leather Factory. and have emailed Jim Vilwock with the infomation that was listed on the lables. I don't know if Tandy will be interested in pursuing it or not, but I am sure if enough customers contact the home office inquiring about it, they might consider it. Anyone interested in Jim's email it is: villwock@leatherfactory.com.

.I have not found a supplier in the US, so now I am working at contacting the company listed on the packaging that is located in Taiwan to see if they sell to individuals and if the shipping is affordable to be able to order it. I will keep anyone posted who is interested.

I will try to figure out how to make a tutorial on how to do this, In the meantime, send me a PM with your address and I will try to put together some instructions to get you by until I can pick Just Kate's brain to see what all I have to do for a tutorial. Thanks Deb

The Instructions on doing this belt are from a Sheet called Grand Chapion Belt Ideas that was written by George Hurst and put out in 1987 by Tandy. There is also a VHS Video that was put out by Hidecrafters also by George Hurst. I don't know if the videos are still available now that Geoge is back with Tandy or not.

During my search, I contacted Jim Vilwock, who was also conferring with Jim Linnell and George Hurst. They all remembered the lacing, but could not remember who the supplier was. They were very helpful in trying to think of other suppliers to check with. I have checked out all the sources they came up with and still find only the wider lacing.

I did find an old package of the lacing from The Leather Factory. and have emailed Jim Vilwock with the infomation that was listed on the lables. I don't know if Tandy will be interested in pursuing it or not, but I am sure if enough customers contact the home office inquiring about it, they might consider it. Anyone interested in Jim's email it is: villwock@leatherfactory.com.

.I have not found a supplier in the US, so now I am working at contacting the company listed on the packaging that is located in Taiwan to see if they sell to individuals and if the shipping is affordable to be able to order it. I will keep anyone posted who is interested.

I will try to figure out how to make a tutorial on how to do this, In the meantime, send me a PM with your address and I will try to put together some instructions to get you by until I can pick Just Kate's brain to see what all I have to do for a tutorial. Thanks Deb

ST Leather has 3/16" stainless steel lace , costing just $4.95 for 25' roll. They also stock 5/32" Mylar (VERY shiney) lace in gold or silver costing $2.95 for 4yd or $9.95 for 25yds. They seem to be cheaper than Tandy and stock a wide range of products. Worth checking out