I haven't posted anything for awhile. Here are three of the current crop for the Ruger LC9, HK P7 PSP and Taurus PT709. All are Hermann Oak 8OZ.

post-7354-039994500 1298600452_thumb.jpg

post-7354-014157100 1298600479_thumb.jpg

post-7354-099797900 1298600492_thumb.jpg

Denster... WOW... Those are fantastic examples of some very clean work. I love the style, the cut and the perfect execution.... Well Done, Sir!

Denster... WOW... Those are fantastic examples of some very clean work. I love the style, the cut and the perfect execution.... Well Done, Sir!

agreed!!

They look really good, I didn't know the lc9 was on the market yet.

Very nice Dwight. I've always thought that simple and clean looks the best. That must mean that I'm just a plain boring guy...lol

Frank

Great stuff! I have a question... the nice little line along the edge of the holster mouth, what did you use to do that? did you just use a stitch groover?

Thanks,

chaosready

Those look great! I wish I could get my black to dye that evenly.

Thanks guys for all the positive comments.

To answer some of the questions.

That line around the mouth and bottom of the holster is just the continuation of the stitch groove.

The LC9 shipped to dealers on the last Friday in January. I got one of the first ones. This is going to be a hot one for holsters guys. Ruger hit a home run.

On the black dye. I cheated. I use Hermann Oak drumm dyed leather because it will not bleed out the dye.

Very nice looking holsters. How are you cutting your belt slots?

Very nice looking holsters. How are you cutting your belt slots?

I use a mallet die to cut the belt slots. Kind of like a bag punch on steroids.

VERY NICE!!!

I use a mallet die to cut the belt slots. Kind of like a bag punch on steroids.

Very clean slots. ANy chance you could post a picture of the tool and where you got it. I've heard of a bag punch but not a mallet die.

Thanks,

Brian

I like the way you lay out your stitch lines, and your no-nonsense molding.

Very clean slots. ANy chance you could post a picture of the tool and where you got it. I've heard of a bag punch but not a mallet die.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian

It looks just like an oversized bag punch. I got mine from Texas Custom Die. They will make you about any size you want and they make custom clicker dies. The one I used for these holsters cuts a slot 1&9/16 tall and 3/8 wide. Just google Texas Custom Die. I drive these with a 4lb maul and after I reground and sharpened them I can go through two layers of 8/9 Oz with one or two whacks. That is one Caveat TCD seems set on grinding them like bag punches which leaves too steep a shoulder to go through two layers of heavy leather. Eric (Particle) had the same problem with his set.

I echo that.....and I also agree that you can keep the detailed molding to a minimum and still have a world-class looking product.

Your work is proof of that.

I echo that.....and I also agree that you can keep the detailed molding to a minimum and still have a world-class looking product.

Your work is proof of that.

Well thank you for the kind words. Actually with these three pistols there isn't a lot of detail to be molded in. I'm not a fan of adding lines that aren't on the weapon.

Brian

It looks just like an oversized bag punch. I got mine from Texas Custom Die. They will make you about any size you want and they make custom clicker dies. The one I used for these holsters cuts a slot 1&9/16 tall and 3/8 wide. Just google Texas Custom Die. I drive these with a 4lb maul and after I reground and sharpened them I can go through two layers of 8/9 Oz with one or two whacks. That is one Caveat TCD seems set on grinding them like bag punches which leaves too steep a shoulder to go through two layers of heavy leather. Eric (Particle) had the same problem with his set.

Thanks for the info, I think they will be on my wish list.