Sign in to follow this  
George B

3 Piece Buckle Set Not Working Out Right

Howdy all, here goes...

Ordered a Montana Silversmiths 3 piece silver buckle set for a friend who wanted a nice dress belt. Everything is done but when I went to assemble the belt the tongue on the buckle wants to stick almost straight up and past the buckle over a 1/4 inch. At first I thought it was something I was doing wrong, but, after looking at everything it looks correct.

What the heck do I do to get it to lay correctly and flat against the buckle?

The last one I got from Tandy went on without a hitch, but the tongue came straight out from the tongue post that was even with the buckle. This one, the metal the tongue attatches to is 1/2 inch below the actual buckle.

As always, any help will be greatly appreciated. George

Howdy all, here goes...

Ordered a Montana Silversmiths 3 piece silver buckle set for a friend who wanted a nice dress belt. Everything is done but when I went to assemble the belt the tongue on the buckle wants to stick almost straight up and past the buckle over a 1/4 inch. At first I thought it was something I was doing wrong, but, after looking at everything it looks correct.

What the heck do I do to get it to lay correctly and flat against the buckle?

The last one I got from Tandy went on without a hitch, but the tongue came straight out from the tongue post that was even with the buckle. This one, the metal the tongue attatches to is 1/2 inch below the actual buckle.

As always, any help will be greatly appreciated. George

\

Photo would be very Helpful...............

Did you punch just round holes in the belt? Oval holes work better. Also make sure they are big enough.