Sign in to follow this  
Double U Leather

Floral Carved Holster

Here's a first. Considering I really had no idea what I was doing, I think it turned out pretty sweet. Tip o' the hat to Lobo for helping on this and for pointing me in the right direction. Cool thing about this holster is the fact that it's going to a 25 yr. veteran of the Marines who will be home in about a month. Hope ya'll like it, and that he does too.

post-7660-048949000 1304468106_thumb.jpg

post-7660-065226700 1304468117_thumb.jpg

Beautiful holster and belt. Nice carving. He will be proud to wear it. KT

Very nicely done, carving looks very well done and the colors pop.Dave

Here's a first. Considering I really had no idea what I was doing, I think it turned out pretty sweet. Tip o' the hat to Lobo for helping on this and for pointing me in the right direction. Cool thing about this holster is the fact that it's going to a 25 yr. veteran of the Marines who will be home in about a month. Hope ya'll like it, and that he does too.

very nice job on both holster and belt i am sure your marine friend will like it a be proud to own it. semper fi j.ivy sgt usmc

Beautiful carving work and colors. Your friend should be very happy ( I know I would be). People like you are an inspiration to a beginning leather worker, like myself. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the compliments. I certainly appreciate "atta boys" from people as accomplished in leather as John Ivy a.k.a leathercrafter. I've had the opportunity to see first hand some of John's work, and it is top shelf. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate compliments from anyone on my work. RHide....there's loads of folks on LW that have, and continue, to inspire me to push myself further. I've been very blessed with some good mentors and people to look up to. Keep on pounding. Stay blessed gang.

P.S. Although this customer is someone I've never met, we almost feel like friends through e-mailling pics of the progress of this project to him!

Edited by leatherrookie