New Fish

New approach to carving and detailing

lotsa possibilities i see with that...very cool :thumbsup:

darryl

Great detail

What are ya gonna do with them?

Storm,

This certainly adds to the detailing.

Is there color/stain added or is it just from the burner?

Nice work.

Johnny

WOW Storm, First is to die for. Absolutely stunning. The other ones are great too but that first one is just so realistic.

I envy theese ones!!

Tom

I like these a lot Storm, very nicely done. Just wondering what kind of odor is given off when you do it.

Ken

very nice fishies storm, i too enjoy burning leather....the kids complain about the smell ...

the last time i got the burner out i used it to cut some stencils for airbrushing out of old xray films... xray film is great for templates for leather projects too, it last forever

Great detail

What are ya gonna do with them?

I am putting together some fly wallets for fly fishing and other assorted pieces for a Fly Fishing shop I know. The mounted piece is going into the shop as original art and the other two were practice pieces. These were the first three I have done.

Storm,

This certainly adds to the detailing.

Is there color/stain added or is it just from the burner?

Nice work.

Johnny

I carve them then I use the burner and then finish it off with a desert tan stain. I am going to take it farther by carving, then burning and then painting with acrylic washes.

very nice fishies storm, i too enjoy burning leather....the kids complain about the smell ...

the last time i got the burner out i used it to cut some stencils for airbrushing out of old xray films... xray film is great for templates for leather projects too, it last forever

I have read the same thing about the smell but was surprised to find that it was not the case. I was using top quality veg tanned cowhide and I hardly notice any offensive smell. Perhaps it is the burner I am using or maybe I hadn't bathed yet that day and the smell was not that different from my overall ambient fragrance. LOL! Just joking. I do not spent good money for my Obession cologne to smell like the burning backside of a branded cow.

I will be looking for a new more high end burner if the new project works out. They may put out a lot more heat than my fixed heat unit. It is just like a soldering iron but with interchanging tips. This one cost me US$17.00 and the others are in the $200 $300 range with power control dials.

WOW Storm, First is to die for. Absolutely stunning. The other ones are great too but that first one is just so realistic.

I envy theese ones!!

Tom

The funny thing was that some actually thought that the mounted one was a fish I had caught and wanted to know where I had caught it. Don't envy them Tom...you can do the same thing. Besides if you are making rod cases then you should market some leather fly wallets with wool fleece linings to keep the flys. Would go well with the rod case you made recently.

Storm, great job on the carving and the pyro.. burning on leather and wood is how i started..this site has started me thinking about tooling .. and how i can add tooling to my burns.. thanks for shareing and i will be looking forward to seeing more of your Pyrocarvings ..is that a word? :spoton:

Good work Storm. I have used that technique on saddlebags when I want to give them a worn look. Very effective.

The funny thing was that some actually thought that the mounted one was a fish I had caught and wanted to know where I had caught it. Don't envy them Tom...you can do the same thing. Besides if you are making rod cases then you should market some leather fly wallets with wool fleece linings to keep the flys. Would go well with the rod case you made recently.

:Lighten: BADABING!!

Excellent idea! Now, should I go with the casket shape for those...hm well I just keep that idea in mind. Looks like I got some work building rodcases over summer and a few other projects too. Building a dogridebox for an MC, maybe.

Tom

Storm, great job on the carving and the pyro.. burning on leather and wood is how i started..this site has started me thinking about tooling .. and how i can add tooling to my burns.. thanks for shareing and i will be looking forward to seeing more of your Pyrocarvings ..is that a word? :spoton:

IT IS NOW -Hiloboy!!!

Indy

:cheers: