Sign in to follow this  
woolfe

A Couple Holsters I Made For Myself!

Seems like a holster maker would have many many holsters. Unfortunately its not so, for me at least. Seems like I always have to decide between making money or a new holster and money almost always wins. LOL The 1911 set I've had for a while now, the Sig mag carrier and holster I just made. The Sig grips are from Larry Davidson. http://www.davidsonknives.com/

I absolutely love the grips. They look great and most importantly feel great too.

kids.jpg

kids2.jpg

Edited by woolfe

very very nice work you sir are setting a high standard!!

Thank you!

Nicely done.Dave

Looks like the cobbler's kids got some shoes. Nice work.

What do you have going on on the back side of those mag carriers? Do you have a picture?

The leather is just folded over on the mag carriers.

mc_os_02.jpg

For the holster belt loop attachments I've been using something a little different. I use the standard 6-32 T-nut sandwiched between the two pieces of leather. But then I add a piece of 1mm thick rubber between the belt loop and holster body. I find this stops the belt loop from spinning and still allows enough movement to allow the belt loop angle to conform to the body. As in when you go from a seated to a standing position, I don't like the idea of having the belt loop in a fixed position. I find it more comfortable if it can move a little.

I couldn't find a place that sold rubber washers like what I wanted so I make my own out of bicycle inner tubes, another hobby of mine so they don't cost me anything. I believe the material is Polybutylene. I use a 7/8" punch to cut em out and a hole punch in the center. They make a world of difference compared to nothing there. Here is a picture.

rubberwasher.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. I kind of figured you had a snap loop on the back, but now I see you fold your mag carriers over at the bottom, that is what I was seeing.

Good Idea on the rubber washers. I've had more than one use for them but I spend more time looking for the right ones than is worth it. I've been making my own leather washers to go between my loops and the holster. They act like a compression washer and do not allow the loop to spin like you say. They also put a small space between the loop and the holster for the pants to slide up into.

I think I'll look into The bicycle inner tubes or some other type of leather for that. It will just save me the time of having to dye them black and acrylic finish them.