This was my entry in the Art of the Cowboy Makers show. I"m sure it didn't win much. I was kinda rushing to get it done before I headed the state HS Finals rodeo. The rodeo didn't turn out very well either. I felt horrible for my son. He worked so hard all year long to wind up short. Oh well....such is life. The stitching on this had couple ducks, the photos are "craptacular", the San Marcos border had some glitches, and the construction was a completely new way of doing things for me. Aside from that, it was okay....LOL. Be blessed ya'll

post-7660-092220500 1308582375_thumb.jpg

post-7660-013998900 1308582390_thumb.jpg

post-7660-067528300 1308582401_thumb.jpg

I think it looks great! :thumbsup: I am a huge fan of filigree work and to me it looks hard to do. Probably why I have never tired it! (You have got to change your screen name, there's no rookie left in you.)

Crystal

I agree with Crystal Rookie........you aren't anymore! Nice job!

Bobby

It looks great! I was able to go to the show this weekend and your work was as good as anyone's there. You should be proud!

Bob

I think the fact you rushed it shows. Your photograph is skewed so the stitch line may be also. If not you need to make a mark for the stitch line and follow it. Your stamping and carving are well done but I would get rid of the Bucking Bronco unless you carved it, then don't use black as a finish. The Meander tool is a difficult tool to use, you done a good job but the design lacks something. I would need to see it to clarify that statement.

ferg

This was my entry in the Art of the Cowboy Makers show. I"m sure it didn't win much. I was kinda rushing to get it done before I headed the state HS Finals rodeo. The rodeo didn't turn out very well either. I felt horrible for my son. He worked so hard all year long to wind up short. Oh well....such is life. The stitching on this had couple ducks, the photos are "craptacular", the San Marcos border had some glitches, and the construction was a completely new way of doing things for me. Aside from that, it was okay....LOL. Be blessed ya'll