mustangsallyoo13

Boot Elastic

Does any one know of a supplier for boot elastic? This is the elastic that stretches sideways, so that it can be sewn in boots (or chaps) to get a little stretch and give? I know there are 6" regular elastics sold, but I am looking for the 12" - 18" boot elastic. I have written to a company in Australia, but haven't received any replies. Thanks for your help.

Does any one know of a supplier for boot elastic? This is the elastic that stretches sideways, so that it can be sewn in boots (or chaps) to get a little stretch and give? I know there are 6" regular elastics sold, but I am looking for the 12" - 18" boot elastic. I have written to a company in Australia, but haven't received any replies. Thanks for your help.

You are not the first to ask this very question. Back on 18 Mar 2011, Lute asked the same question. There are several replies but nothing concrete. I too am waiting for someone to provide the name of a supplier. There is a market, however small, for altering riding boots in the area I live in. The only elastic I can find is 7.5" wide. Looking at some riding boots I think one could remove a scallop of that width at the top of the boot and make strips of the piece removed and sew them back on the elastic. This idea is not new, I saw this at the local Tack Shop on new boots. This would allow the boot to fit snuggly over the calf. Someday I might get brave enough to try it. I'd hate to ruin another wise good pair of boots worse of all having topay for new boots. I guess for now we'll have to keep watching this thread sooner or later some will help us.

T'care

Leo.

Is this what you're looking for?

elastic

Moe

Ariet uses some on their half chaps and some other mfg do to. ive been looking for some for several years now but havent seen anything out.

im not sure if the OEM has a special agreement with the mfg but i would hope that someone would have access to the material. iac, im just waiting.

I've been looking for it for over ten years. I think you have to want it enough to have it made. I've been told it doesn't stretch sideways, it is very wide elastic that stretches normally. I did have some sideways stretching elastic at one time, but you'd have to put 2 or 3 plies together to get any strength. It was more like needlepoint canvas than regular elastic.

I used to have 3/4" and 1 1/2" elastic made by George Moore, but they went up on the minimums and I had to get it from a supplier and then they went up further on the minimum 'til the supplier couldn't get it anymore either. Manufacturers don't want to mess with small buyers, when they can sell all they can make to one company or two.

Anybody speak Chinese?

I will be watching this thread, hopefully someone is more resourceful than me.

Kevin

the elastic you are looking for isnt out there lol not that long anyways I have been looking to. if its for chaps you are looking for use the heavy spandex or the stretchy neoprene. that is what i have come up with. the heavy spandex comes from the spandex house. i believe they have the neoprene also but not sure. widest elastic ive found is like 6 in. beast i could come up with other then ver lapping the 6 in for the wider length.

the elastic you are looking for isnt out there lol not that long anyways I have been looking to. if its for chaps you are looking for use the heavy spandex or the stretchy neoprene. that is what i have come up with. the heavy spandex comes from the spandex house. i believe they have the neoprene also but not sure. widest elastic ive found is like 6 in. beast i could come up with other then ver lapping the 6 in for the wider length.

I have just ordered a sample from Spandex House to see if it is something I can work with. The next thing I will be looking at is the neoprene. Thanks for the info and I will let you know which works best.