Jimbob

Where Do I Look...for 2-3 Oz...?

Been looking all over the place for 2-3 oz tooling sides, veg tan....seems nobody has them...or they charge ( hold on to your chair...!!!) about 7.50 for a sf....in Montana....haha...

So, I am a bit tide....and also do not need "A" quality, tannery run would be fine.....seems like there is not much out there....in this thin 2-3 oz...?!

Has anybody a good source for esonable prized 2-3 oz tooling leather in natural color...? I use this for custom bike seat's...the skirt part.....

Thanks so much

James

If you call Wickett & Craig and/or Hermann Oak, they will usually skive your leather down to your desired ounce if you request it.

Tandy is running 2-3 oz sides for $39.99, they are #2

Where did you see that? I can't find it.

That is what I was referring to. I was able to go and look at them, pretty decent. I saw no brands or wrinkles, a few knife holes but nothing major.

I can get 2-3 ounce...give me a buzz Tim Judd, Tanglefoot Traders, Inc. (888.812.9121)

Thanks for all the info.....most of the leads are more than I can afford for 2-3 oz leather.....but over all leather has gotten so terrible expensive since 2 years ago....no fun in buying leather any more...!!

And then there is Tandy, low quality....no good service and the guy on the phone has no clue what he is talking about...

Well, I called Tandy in desperation....seems like they have some 2-3 oz on sale and the dude said it is fairly well quality.......so guess what, I will jump the gun and try Tandy's....we will see...

I keep ya all posted!!

Thanks

Jimbob

Thanks for all the info.....most of the leads are more than I can afford for 2-3 oz leather.....but over all leather has gotten so terrible expensive since 2 years ago....no fun in buying leather any more...!!

And then there is Tandy, low quality....no good service and the guy on the phone has no clue what he is talking about...

Well, I called Tandy in desperation....seems like they have some 2-3 oz on sale and the dude said it is fairly well quality.......so guess what, I will jump the gun and try Tandy's....we will see...

That's too bad. I have always had a good experience when I call or go to the Tandy near Boston, Lubbock Tx and Santa Fe NM.

I use a lot of Tandy products. Not their leather though because there are other options (how many places can ya get eco-flo or water based products?) because I will quit leatherworking altogether before i buy Chinese leather. I don't understand them, have to be the biggest leather supply company in the US and not one USA product?